[NL2-NL10] A6s NL6 SH

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: A6s too wide from the CO? I figured it should play well against BB's calling range, or should I just play tighter against a loose player who doesnt fold very often postflop?

888 Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $6.00
      BB: $9.22 48/23/3/3/25/81 - LAG
      UTG: $5.61
      MP: $5.99
      Hero (CO): $8.76
      BTN: $6.66

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has 6:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39, 2 players) 3:diamond: 5:spade: 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: raise/call vs the DB? I chose not to 3b due to the fact that I don't think he fold's very often. Although in hind sight his bet sizing would indicate a hand looking to protect, so he might b/f and if he does 3b I can just go broke profitably?

Also I think that since he is looking to protect a hand that I have less implied odds if I do hit my hand, so it might be better to play it more aggressively?

I would expect him to have: OESD's weaker FD's, 5x, 66-TT and 2pr+ here

Turn: ($1.29, 2 players) A:club:
      BB bets $1.29, Hero calls $1.29

Turn: I think villian is still capable of playing b/f with hands that I beat here. Namely weaker FD's and SD's, 66-TT. Obviously he can have any AX which has me beat and 2pr+

I don't think raising is now an option because I would certainly turn my hand into a bluff, as I am not sure he is capable of playing bet/broke here with worse.

With 12 clean outs I need 2.8:1 to make a call profitable and I am only getting 2:1 on the turn. Therefore I need to be getting the correct implied odds to make calling profitable. So I would roughly a 1/2 pot bet on the river if I complete my draw ($1.93) which I think against such an opponent is easily possible.

River: ($3.87, 2 players) 6:spade:
      BB bets $3.87, Hero calls $3.87

River: The only reason that I call here is because I still think that I can beat some of his range that he value bets, i.e missed draws, any AX except A4. Additionally, I only need 33% equity.

The question is: even though villain is known to be aggressive, would he still value bet weaker 2pr combo's on the river or would he even bluff. I didn't have a big enough sample of stats for his river betting to make an informed decision here.

BB shows K:diamond: 4:club: (Straight, Six High) (Pre 35%, Flop 28%, Turn 77%)
      Hero mucks 6:diamond: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (Pre 65%, Flop 72%, Turn 23%)
      BB wins $10.93
  • 4 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      With gutshot and fd I think I might try get it in on flop.

Against 22-JJ we've about 45-50% equity.

Against a random 4x (including made straights) we've got about 60%

Weaker fd we have dominated.

There's also a possibility he could do this with 67. Or some overcards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      would you raise/broke or just ship the flop? Also would you do this vs most opp's or just vs Loose opponents who can call with worse draws?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

If you assume he is capable of bluffing you big time then sure, we can Call down the river. But for that he really has to be capable of doing that.

But about the flop both options are fine, vs over-bet I'd even prefer to keep his range wide and maybe even weaker FDs in the play.

Best Regards.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      would you raise/broke or just ship the flop? Also would you do this vs most opp's or just vs Loose opponents who can call with worse draws?
      I raise/broke to about $3 - $3.5. But only against looser opps who will call with worse.