[NL2-NL10] AQo NL6 SH

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: prefer 3b'ing or flatting?

Flop: My c-bet was designed to fold out 77/TT-JJ (dont think he flats QQ) or non-club hands. And also for val/prot vs weaker A-high and club draws.

Turn: Wasn't sure whether to b/f again here? If I had more hands on villain to say that he rarely folds to c-bets in general or in 3b pots would it be a good idea to barrell here since he is :
      1) going to be floating some of the time and,
      2) taking such a weak range to the turn

888 Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $0.99
      CO: $7.23 27/18/2/925/128 FCB = 60% 3/5
      BTN: $5.92
      SB: $7.72
      Hero (BB): $6.25

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has A:spade: Q:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.24, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.72, CO calls $0.48

Flop: ($1.47, 2 players) 8:club: 9:club: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.73, CO calls $0.73

Turn: ($2.93, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.89, fold

CO wins $2.76
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Doesn't make sense to CB in first place here, Check/Fold it. With just CBetting once you will rarely play the hand profitable enough, too many hands continue there as well.

Neither I don't see any reason to 3bet while you didn't point out any good reason why you went for the 3bet vs 4xBB open.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz.

I have a hard time playing oop without the initiative, better to just play it passively and fit or fold postflop than iso ourselves vs better? Couldnt be sure that he calls KQ, AT, AJ etc.

Cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Thanks veriz.

I have a hard time playing oop without the initiative, better to just play it passively and fit or fold postflop than iso ourselves vs better? Couldnt be sure that he calls KQ, AT, AJ etc.

Cheers
      Fit/Folding only doesn't make sense either. :P Both ways you play the hand is just bad I'd say, you waste money with the CB in 3bet pots -> so 3betting doesn't make sense. And nor fit/Folding by just calling doesn't make sense. :) Conclusion try to watch/read/discuss some content about it.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      In the mean time would you advise just folding pre in similar spots to save myself problems?

Just felt too nitty and weak to be folding here preflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      In the mean time would you advise just folding pre in similar spots to save myself problems?

Just felt too nitty and weak to be folding here preflop.
      As I said, you could easily just call and play postflop against him. Folding is way too weak with such a strong hand. But if you don't feel very good postflop playing in cold called pots then 3betting is another option.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      oh sorry I mis-understood your previous post. I have read a little about bvb situations but still need to explore playing OOP w/o initiative. The bronze articles dont really cover playing this hand category when we call and dont hit anything. I will keep looking for good articles and vids on this subject.

thanks veriz
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      oh sorry I mis-understood your previous post. I have read a little about bvb situations but still need to explore playing OOP w/o initiative. The bronze articles dont really cover playing this hand category when we call and dont hit anything. I will keep looking for good articles and vids on this subject.

thanks veriz
      You are welcome and good luck with the subject. :)