6max sng bubble

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      hi!

im facing one tipical situation over and over again in 6max super turbo/hyper sng bubble and i would like some advice...

chips in play - 3k
      3/6 players left
      blinds - 50/100 (2min)
      stacks - 1,5k / 1k for me / 500

so basicly on button i got confused with hands like Q8s-QTs/67s-9Ts/and KXs
      if i minraise or limp i will most likely get shoved by shortie and i dont wana call in this spot even if he is like 45-55 dog... i just dont feel it worth risking my stack because i feel like i have an edge on these sngs on HU, so i better go HU as 0.7-2.3 underdog in chips than risk get outdraw on bubble... but if i keep folding these hands i can easy get blinded out if shortie gets lucky with some uncalled shoves or AI call from bigstack...

what would some more experienced players suggest or mby just some simple push / fold ranges?
  • 4 replies
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      I think you might be overestimating your edge HU when 15 BB deep. But anyway...
      I would never limp or minraise in these spots with your stack, because you just open the doors for the big stack to abuse you. So your only option is to push.

How much you can push will depend greatly on how tight your opponents are, but as a bare minimum you should be pushing 20%. K9s, Q9s and T9s would be the bottom of the 20% range. But you might be able to push way wider than that.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, vuciitis!

I mostly agree with savage. You might and probably do have an edge over most of the opponents in the HU, but being in push/fold and not having the chip lead limits your options. Higher edges are possible when stacks are deeper, so I wouldn't be so sure about being able to turn around a massive chip lead in my favour. Anyway, one of the difference between FR and SH SnG is that we are much more willing to accumulate chips in a SH SnG, therefore playing more hands, opening really wide from late position, being willing to get into more marginal situations, widen up our calling range when 4-5-6 and on the bubble.
      Basically, risk aversion is much smaller and accumulating chips in order to have a big stack on the bubble-HU becomes much more important. Because we don't simply play to finish ITM, we play to win the SnG. Sorry if you knew all that, but I still think it might be in a favour to the other ps users.

As for your current question- I also agree that if the reg is in the SB, he might abuse if you minraise or limp the BTN (he will be probably cautious the first time you do it, but adjust afterwards if he is a reg). Just push a relatively tight range, I would go with 20-25-26% depending on their calling ranges and whether the shortie is in the BB(calling wider range, so we push tighter) or big stack being in the BB(pushing a bit wider range-25-26%) as we expect to have more FE.

Cheers!
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I think all the range you put there is a shove, especially if the shorty is on the BB. However if you see that at your games people are retarded and call very light go for a little tighter ranger.

Just waiting until shorty gets busted is not always that smart since he will frequently double up and you'll get frustrated for waiting and losing blinds for nothing.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      tnx, i think i got the idea :)