This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Overpair getting c/r on the turn Vs Unknown

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $7.60
      BU (Hero):
      $4.64
      SB:
      $4.02
      BB:
      $2.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 7, 5, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.17, Hero raises to $0.43, SB calls $0.43, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.39) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.72, SB raises to $1.88, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.11.

Villain had sit for a couple of hands in the table and he was totally unknown.
      So, i think i made a good play here because his relative position on the flop was realy bad but he snap-called my raise when the other guy could 3 bet me (maybe he was hoping so).
      That's the reason why I betted half pot on the turn because Villain had shown strength on the flop.
  • 3 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Nice hand :)

Even though he reps a narrow range, he is never bluffing in this spot. Also his overcall of the flop raise sends alarm bells!

The only thing I would do differently is bet 0.80-0.90 on the turn to make the river shove easier for him to call.

Thats just nit picking though! Nice hand and well played.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I guess would raise the flop something like 0,7-08 so I can shove on the turn(his stack so small) becuase this way you get the feeling you are beat even he reps a tinny range
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Deomedes,

Raise the flop bigger so you could ship vs BB stack, we ain't planning to fold it vs him. :) But otherwise seems to be fine, most likely I'd also be towards folding my hand.

Best Regards.