What Poker Software?

• Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      As you can tell i am new to this site and online Poker, what is the best Software to help an aspirational player such as myself develop and see what is going on at the table, and in the long term see stats on people and fish (when i am no longer one!)

Stu
  • 5 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi stu. if you are new then i guess your brain is the best software for starters! read in the strategy section and learn as much as you can! you might even like to start the NL beginners course as well - this will get you going and give you a solid grounding in the basics and it will also introduce you to software and stats..

as far as software goes, i use holdem manager 2, although people have mixed feelings about it. you should check out holdem manager 2 as well as pokertracker. both offer free trial period (i think it's either 30 or 60 days) and you can make up your mind which one you prefer. at the end of the day, both do the same thing.

there is also the pokerstrategy.com elephant which is free, but i can't seem to find a link for it. i'm sure a mod will come along and let you know about that
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Poker Tracker 4 is free while on beta, and I think elephant no longer exists.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi there Stu,

Indeed as Boooomm has pointed out, sadly the PokerStrategy.com Elephant has been discontinued earlier this year.

It seems mostly as if there's a personal preference between PokerTracker4 and Hold'em Manager 2, but I'm personally a huge fan of Hold'em Manager 2.

You can find an information video about how to get started, and an overview of what it can do by following the link below:

Hold'em Manager 2

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
      Richard
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there Stu :)

As previously said the 2 major tracking software are PokerTracker and HoldemManager. PokerTracker offers a 60 Days Trial, HoldemManager a 30 Day Trial, meaning you can have some software for 3 months before making any decisions ;)

If you'd like a deeper insight into what tracking software is give us a shout and we'll sort you out (omg that rhymes! - :f_cool: - Cookie please?)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Stu

I wouldn't listen to much when ppl say HEM2 is better or PT3-4 is better. Just download the trial for both versions and after that you can choose whatever you like best.

RasTweet