This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 22 3street bluff

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

CO: $18.91
      Hero (BTN): $49.25
      SB: $54.84
      BB: $22.84
      UTG: $10.75
      MP: $49.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 2 :diamond: 2 :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6 :heart: Q :spade: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 7 :club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $7.00, MP calls $7

River: ($24.75) J :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $14.00,

MP is a PS member reg, no real dynamics so far

After check/calling on the flop his range is mainly 77/88/99/TT/JJ, and maybe weaker Qx, but that would be a bit weird.
      It's clear, that he turns his hand into a bluffcatcher, so I thought I can put real pressure on him by betting all 3 streets in position. On the river he will have a tough time to call with 88/99/TT, even with QTs/Q9s if he happens to have that combos in his range.
      What do you think about the gameplan in general, and actual betsizing?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Doubt that he is ever folding it on the river a Qx hand. But what you should ask here is would you even Bet for value on the river? Your range is also pretty polarized cause I would assume you ain't betting for very thin value. FD also missed.

But of course if you Bet the turn then I would usually Bet the river as well, myself I'd Check behind on the turn cause I assume the guy could easily turn even Qx hands into bluff-catcher like that cause he also knows that he wont get much value from you as a reg by CBetting but meanwhile he could easily induce you to bluff even 3 streets.

Best Regards.
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
      shove river? everything is gonna fold except JJ, but these are just 3 combos :D
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by kokos99sd
      shove river? everything is gonna fold except JJ, but these are just 3 combos :D
      Isildur-style... :D

I was in a similar spot recently, just with reversed roles, I was the one who bluffcatched with a weak TP hand as the PFA. We were deepstacked and Villain was slightly overbetting every street to my checks, and I called him down cause it was that nuts-or-nothing situation. He had a set actually, so he can overbet bluff me next time for sure... :D
      It could be good to balance my value overbets with bluff overbets, but as I would valuebet 1/2-3/4 pot here most of the time, I thought my bluffs should be similar as well...