CO: $18.91
      Hero (BTN): $49.25
      SB: $54.84
      BB: $22.84
      UTG: $10.75
      MP: $49.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 2 :diamond: 2 :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6 :heart: Q :spade: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 7 :club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $7.00, MP calls $7

River: ($24.75) J :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $14.00,

MP is a PS member reg, no real dynamics so far

After check/calling on the flop his range is mainly 77/88/99/TT/JJ, and maybe weaker Qx, but that would be a bit weird.
      It's clear, that he turns his hand into a bluffcatcher, so I thought I can put real pressure on him by betting all 3 streets in position. On the river he will have a tough time to call with 88/99/TT, even with QTs/Q9s if he happens to have that combos in his range.
      What do you think about the gameplan in general, and actual betsizing?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Doubt that he is ever folding it on the river a Qx hand. But what you should ask here is would you even Bet for value on the river? Your range is also pretty polarized cause I would assume you ain't betting for very thin value. FD also missed.

But of course if you Bet the turn then I would usually Bet the river as well, myself I'd Check behind on the turn cause I assume the guy could easily turn even Qx hands into bluff-catcher like that cause he also knows that he wont get much value from you as a reg by CBetting but meanwhile he could easily induce you to bluff even 3 streets.

Best Regards.
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
      shove river? everything is gonna fold except JJ, but these are just 3 combos :D
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by kokos99sd
      shove river? everything is gonna fold except JJ, but these are just 3 combos :D
      Isildur-style... :D

I was in a similar spot recently, just with reversed roles, I was the one who bluffcatched with a weak TP hand as the PFA. We were deepstacked and Villain was slightly overbetting every street to my checks, and I called him down cause it was that nuts-or-nothing situation. He had a set actually, so he can overbet bluff me next time for sure... :D
      It could be good to balance my value overbets with bluff overbets, but as I would valuebet 1/2-3/4 pot here most of the time, I thought my bluffs should be similar as well...