UTG: $12.40
      Hero (UTG+1): $35.30
      UTG+2: $37.10
      MP: $26.13
      MP+1: $43.46
      CO: $27.48

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has T:club: T:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.69, fold, MP calls $0.69, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold
      trying out some sizings to see how opponents react

Flop: ($1.73, 2 players) K:spade: 4:club: T:heart:
      Hero bets $1.11, MP calls $1.11

Turn: ($3.95, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.66, MP calls $4.16
      FPS :f_biggrin:
      i expected to be floated by PP and some other random hands, 44 will also bet
      QJ also probably floats, Kx may check behind, also there may be some AQ/AJ. i figure it's superior to just bet?
      also my c/r sizing really really sucks :f_biggrin: i just let him continue with the draws

River: ($17.27, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $9.99, ...
      obviously as i deserved it QJ completes. how to go about this?
      i didn't know what to do so i bet :f_biggrin:
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Why would you want to adjust your UTG raise size? You are raising mainly value hands there, so no need.

As played
      Postflop: Bet/Bet/Bet. You are just making Kx hands to fold by Check/Raising the turn without even knowing much about the opponent. If you do then at least Check/Raise it a bit bigger and don't give away good odds.

River is a Bet of course, we can't really Check/Fold there while he could still have enough of weaker hands which Call you.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah he called me with KT :f_biggrin: but i had deserved him to have QJ here :D

about value hands, well...
      i'm still messing around, but my current default for UTG is something like 22+,AJs+,KQs,QJs,JTs,AQo+
      looks a bit too wide? cut the connectors, lower pockets, AJs, AQo?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      yeah he called me with KT :f_biggrin: but i had deserved him to have QJ here :D

about value hands, well...
      i'm still messing around, but my current default for UTG is something like 22+,AJs+,KQs,QJs,JTs,AQo+
      looks a bit too wide? cut the connectors, lower pockets, AJs, AQo?
      Yes, kinda wide. Drop low PPs and start from something like 66+. They are difficult to play and especially if you have no idea how to play them profitable with CBetting or when not to CB. Also often will face overcards and other set-miners vs you while it's ZOOM and will often have a bottom set.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      what about AJs, JTs?
      i like having the speculative connected broadways exactly because it's zoom but how worthy is it really? :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      what about AJs, JTs?
      i like having the speculative connected broadways exactly because it's zoom but how worthy is it really? :f_biggrin:
      Can't give you advice on that cause it mainly depends how good you are postflop. :) It's possible to play them profitable but at the same time have seen enough of players who don't have a clue from where the profit comes from.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      then just to suck on more knowledge from you i'm going to double check my plans :f_biggrin:

about AJs, profit should come mainly from KJ, QJ on J high flops and nutFD possibilities? hitting Ax is pretty marginal while it's zoom and i'm UTG, in such a case i usually go with cbet, c/c a float, c/f river.
      suited connected broadways should be mainly for good draw value? hitting TP obviously isn't very great either.

of course "it depends" etc but is that kind of the right idea? :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      then just to suck on more knowledge from you i'm going to double check my plans :f_biggrin:

about AJs, profit should come mainly from KJ, QJ on J high flops and nutFD possibilities? hitting Ax is pretty marginal while it's zoom and i'm UTG, in such a case i usually go with cbet, c/c a float, c/f river.
      suited connected broadways should be mainly for good draw value? hitting TP obviously isn't very great either.

of course "it depends" etc but is that kind of the right idea? :f_biggrin:
      That's the part which a lot know but I was mainly referring to where to CB and where not to CB and why and where to double-barrel. :P
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      now that's interesting.
      i'll think about it and come back with an elaborate answer tomorrow for homework :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      umm so well.
      where i'd cbet with JTs (obv "depends" but the game plan vs unknown)

any FD, SD (obv)
      any Axx, Kxx (purely for fold equity. vs unknown not a huge fan of 2barreling unimproved, even though i think i should...)
      dry paint rags with a backdoor flush (2barrel if we hit J, T, A, K or a flush draw)
      flops with a backdoor fd AND sd (ie Q72 with one )

basically i mostly cbet with any pair/draw/reasonable backdoor draw, and 2nd barrel with draws. (rather c/c with TP hands)
      in practice that means that i don't improve (and so don't 2nd barrel) a lot of the time so i figure something may be wrong here... :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hard to explain all the process for you cause it's a topic about we would need to write many articles. But of course so far the plan seems to be reasonable but we would have to take a look how you play those hands. :)