[NL2-NL10] Facing River Raise w/3rd Nut Flush

• burgermeister
      burgermeister
      Basic
      Merge, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4 (100 bb)
      BB: $4.06 (101.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4.23 (105.8 bb)
      CO: $1.76 (44 bb)
      BTN: $4.66 (116.5 bb) 20/13 1.8AF 10.4 3bet (350 hands)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J :diamond: J :club:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 5 :club: T :club: Q :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.64) 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.52, BB calls $0.52

River: ($1.68) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.28, BB raises to $3.23, Hero?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      being just a one card flush it's an easy fold imo, he's nearly never bluffing here (i'd say never but there's always that sometime in that someone randomly decides to spaz)
      if it was a two card flush we could consider... still i'd mostly tend to a fold

still what one may want to ask is why do you bet three streets here? unless he's a massive station you're never getting value from worse on the river
      and i'd even consider checkbehind turn to call a river bluff, he's going to have a hard time calling there.
      if you bet turn you should be doing it for free showdown
    • burgermeister
      burgermeister
      Basic
      Thanks for the response.

I think I could bet for value on the turn, hes not going to fold 2pair,sets,worse flush yet.

OTR, I thought checking back missed on value from the range of hands hes calling with on the turn. His WTSD was 34, thats a bit high, I think hes making calls on the river he probably shouldnt,IMO. I just didnt think he would check a strong flush here and risk missing value.

Once he check shoves...ugh ?(

;( call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello burgermeister,

You wont get value here from him 3 streets. Therefore there is no point to Bet the turn. Even if you do then from what do you assume getting value there? :)

As played obviously easy Bet/Fold, what do you beat if he shoves like that?

Best Regards.