[NL2-NL10] MSS A9s NL5 FR

• Chowchow12
      $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Player liked to limp a lot, and with the way he was calling I made an assumption he was a bit of a fish. When he re-raised me on the turn, it felt like a bluff since he was calling before. I went all in. (or ment to) I am not sure if I made the right call here Ment to go all in on the turn.

Known players:
      MP2 = ($5.09)
      MP3 = ($4.67)
      CO = ($5.93)
      BU = ($5.05)
      SB = ($5.02)
      BB (Hero) = ($2.26)
      UTG1 = ($13.01)
      UTG2 = ($4.18)
      MP1 = ($4.74)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, A.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $0.50.

River: ($4.02) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, CO calls $0.26.

I won, he had A2o. This is what scared me a little bit.
  • 3 replies
    • eXtremeACE
      Hi Chowchow12,

Just wanted to jump in and point to you that according to the MSS strategy we only have a top pair hand when our kicker is Jack and up. So, all you really had postflop is a trash, according to the strategy anyway.. Since strategy is mostly get a good hand and basically try to stack off with it, I'm not sure if you should have bet the turn, let alone bet and make a raise.

Of course if he was fish then it's totally different story because as you can see he will even play the ace with the worst possible kicker with that aggression, just saying.

What about suit of the cards? You had any flush draws? Was it A9o or A9s?

Oh and if you decided to raise and go all in eventually, I think you should deffo do it on the turn, I mean, no point really in betting 0.26$ into 4.02$ pot on the river..
    • Chowchow12
      Totally was a mis-click ment to go all in on the turn. the a9 was suited. I had him marked at a bad, and fishy, there were so many at that table. I specifically remember on the board I had a flush draw.. Again, pokerstars isn't sending suit, but since I am buying HM2 ASAP, this will not happen again.
    • Gerv
      PokerStars is sending the suits , you only have to convert it at http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/ and post the relevant hand with bb codes ;)

Without knowing the suits/flushdraws present I think we have a check/call on the Turn AT Best. Most of the time you have to check/fold the Turn because we have considered trash if we bet the Flop.

If you play against a fish cBet Flop is fine but then check/call the Turn since your kicker plays a vital role here since it is not very good opposed to having AK for example

Best regards,