[NL2-NL10] Nl6 Sh 888 Ka - Tptk

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown.

Pretty standard until the turn IMO, maybe I can bet a little bigger on the flop. My plan was to b/f the flop as I would expect to be up against 2pr+ facing a raise.

Turn: Q is a bad card for me I think since KQ, AJ and J9 all get there. However, I think that I should still bet here since I still beat KJ/JQ/AQ and don't really want to give a free card to any gutshots or BDFD's.

However, in this instance I think I would have to play b/c and hope I'm still ahead vs the above. Lets say I bet 1/2 pot and villain shoves:

2.33 + 1.16 + 3.81 = 7.3/2.65 = 2.75:1
      2.75+1 = 1/3.75 = 0.26 x 100 = 26%

Lets give villain something like this for shoving the turn:

Board: K:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond:  Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     50.31%  43.49%   6.82% { AdKh }
      BB     49.69%  42.87%   6.82% { TdTs, TdTc, TsTc, 6h6s, 6h6c, 6s6c, AcKc, KdQd, KcQc, KdJd, KcJc, QdJd, QhJh, QcJc, KdTd, KcTc, AhKd, AhKc, AsKd, AsKc, AcKd, KdQh, KdQc, KcQd, KcQh, KdJh, KdJs, KdJc, KcJd, KcJh, KcJs, KdTs, KdTc, KcTd, KcTs, QdJh, QdJs, QdJc, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QcJd, QcJh, QcJs }

If this is accurate then it would be a proftable call surely?

If this turn was an offsuit Q might we consider taking a pot control line, by c/c'ing. I certainly didn't see this being an option since:

1) we are OOP
      2) the board is wet

River: Although I think I have played it badly, my thinking on the river is that since I don't know much about this opponent I don't want to give him the opportunity to check behind worse hands, instead I want to give him the opportunity to lose more money to me. Most players are LP so I don't think he will bluff that often anyway, so what's the point in checking for bluff induce?. He will fold some TP combo's to a bet, but those combo's were probably checking behind anyway.

and 888 Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.78
      UTG: $6.40
      CO: $6.57
      BTN: $4.31
      Hero (SB): $6.03

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has K:heart: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.33, BB calls $0.27, UTG calls $0.27, fold

Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) K:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.64, BB calls $0.64, fold

Turn: ($2.33, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.16, Hero calls $1.16

River: ($4.65, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $2.92, fold

Hero wins $4.38
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think turn is just a b/f
      i'd reduce his turn shoving combos to only 2 spade hands (ie Q J), think he'd rather play random turned oesds like KJ passively

[edit: i just noticed both K and Q are on the board. so i wouldn't really give him any draws, only if he decided to float you with A T and that's about it...]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Rather 2nd barrel the turn, you wont play this way your hand profitable by Check/Calling and hoping to hit or whatever the plan was. He can easily bet the river again and you would have just donated the money into him.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks tomaloc and veriz

@ Veriz: by second barrelling would you also b/f or would you b/c?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Thanks tomaloc and veriz

@ Veriz: by second barrelling would you also b/f or would you b/c?
      What do you beat if you get raised? :)
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I would like to say KJ / QJ, FD's or some sort of combodraw but I will assume this is optimistic?

So just to clarify:

:spade: we need to bet the turn for value / protection vs everything that he might call with BUT we are pretty much crushed by anything he raises us with.

Against looser and more aggressive opponents might we find a b/c line here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      I would like to say KJ / QJ, FD's or some sort of combodraw but I will assume this is optimistic?

So just to clarify:

:spade: we need to bet the turn for value / protection vs everything that he might call with BUT we are pretty much crushed by anything he raises us with.

Against looser and more aggressive opponents might we find a b/c line here?
      Doubt that we going to see very often here raises from very loose range, unless you show me some nice sample and reads I wouldn't say that we are going broke vs aggressive player cause it might be wrong.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      cool makes sense :)