This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl6 Sh 888 Ka - Tptk

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown.

Pretty standard until the turn IMO, maybe I can bet a little bigger on the flop. My plan was to b/f the flop as I would expect to be up against 2pr+ facing a raise.

Turn: Q is a bad card for me I think since KQ, AJ and J9 all get there. However, I think that I should still bet here since I still beat KJ/JQ/AQ and don't really want to give a free card to any gutshots or BDFD's.

However, in this instance I think I would have to play b/c and hope I'm still ahead vs the above. Lets say I bet 1/2 pot and villain shoves:

2.33 + 1.16 + 3.81 = 7.3/2.65 = 2.75:1
      2.75+1 = 1/3.75 = 0.26 x 100 = 26%

Lets give villain something like this for shoving the turn:

Board: K:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond:  Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     50.31%  43.49%   6.82% { AdKh }
      BB     49.69%  42.87%   6.82% { TdTs, TdTc, TsTc, 6h6s, 6h6c, 6s6c, AcKc, KdQd, KcQc, KdJd, KcJc, QdJd, QhJh, QcJc, KdTd, KcTc, AhKd, AhKc, AsKd, AsKc, AcKd, KdQh, KdQc, KcQd, KcQh, KdJh, KdJs, KdJc, KcJd, KcJh, KcJs, KdTs, KdTc, KcTd, KcTs, QdJh, QdJs, QdJc, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QcJd, QcJh, QcJs }

If this is accurate then it would be a proftable call surely?

If this turn was an offsuit Q might we consider taking a pot control line, by c/c'ing. I certainly didn't see this being an option since:

1) we are OOP
      2) the board is wet

River: Although I think I have played it badly, my thinking on the river is that since I don't know much about this opponent I don't want to give him the opportunity to check behind worse hands, instead I want to give him the opportunity to lose more money to me. Most players are LP so I don't think he will bluff that often anyway, so what's the point in checking for bluff induce?. He will fold some TP combo's to a bet, but those combo's were probably checking behind anyway.

and 888 Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.78
      UTG: $6.40
      CO: $6.57
      BTN: $4.31
      Hero (SB): $6.03

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has K:heart: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.33, BB calls $0.27, UTG calls $0.27, fold

Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) K:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.64, BB calls $0.64, fold

Turn: ($2.33, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.16, Hero calls $1.16

River: ($4.65, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $2.92, fold

Hero wins $4.38
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think turn is just a b/f
      i'd reduce his turn shoving combos to only 2 spade hands (ie Q J), think he'd rather play random turned oesds like KJ passively

[edit: i just noticed both K and Q are on the board. so i wouldn't really give him any draws, only if he decided to float you with A T and that's about it...]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Rather 2nd barrel the turn, you wont play this way your hand profitable by Check/Calling and hoping to hit or whatever the plan was. He can easily bet the river again and you would have just donated the money into him.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks tomaloc and veriz

@ Veriz: by second barrelling would you also b/f or would you b/c?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Thanks tomaloc and veriz

@ Veriz: by second barrelling would you also b/f or would you b/c?
      What do you beat if you get raised? :)
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I would like to say KJ / QJ, FD's or some sort of combodraw but I will assume this is optimistic?

So just to clarify:

:spade: we need to bet the turn for value / protection vs everything that he might call with BUT we are pretty much crushed by anything he raises us with.

Against looser and more aggressive opponents might we find a b/c line here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      I would like to say KJ / QJ, FD's or some sort of combodraw but I will assume this is optimistic?

So just to clarify:

:spade: we need to bet the turn for value / protection vs everything that he might call with BUT we are pretty much crushed by anything he raises us with.

Against looser and more aggressive opponents might we find a b/c line here?
      Doubt that we going to see very often here raises from very loose range, unless you show me some nice sample and reads I wouldn't say that we are going broke vs aggressive player cause it might be wrong.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      cool makes sense :)