This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

sunday tourney

• 5 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Now I see why no one is saying squat. My final hand I didnt push with 9 strait draw but hit the strait holding 59 on a 678 flop. SoyCD had 910.

Makes me look like a total donk the way you wrote it SoyCD. :(
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      don't worry, you weren't the only donk in the hand :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      Now I see why no one is saying squat. My final hand I didnt push with 9 strait draw but hit the strait holding 59 on a 678 flop. SoyCD had 910.

Makes me look like a total donk the way you wrote it SoyCD. :(
      Sorry I didnt see what you were holding and asked some people watching :(

Couldnt open the hand history either - but corrected it.

Folding the second nuts there is pretty hard, especially in HU. Although after the bet- raise - re-raise it was pretty much clear I had to have a strong hand.

Would anyone have folded in Cardbenders spot?

(Hi swiss: too bad you busted so early - was looking forward to busting you myself :( )
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      ofc not, folding straight is -EV :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      After you reraised I put you on a set "simular betting when you hit top set earlier". I didnt think you had the nutz and considering I bluffed you off two monster pots previouslyly in the match with a rereaise (2000 "your bet" 4000 "my bet"). I thought there was a chance you would fold again. :D

I think I would do the same thing again. You have to take second nutz heads up seriously. "I didnt want you to see the turns" I honestly thought you were folding. :) GG anyway I can't wait untill the next community tourney.

Edit: on a side note for SWISS did you have AA that time I folded preflop? if you remember anyways. I think I asked you. i had KK44 not suited.

KK44 Bad fold good fold to big reraise? 5 handed i think.

(swiss is tricky so he may have been bluffing)

Edit: I will still have to think about my 5'678'9 push, one of the other reasons I pushed was that I knew the level of play my opponent was at, so what also ran through my head was whether or not SoyCD was trying to reraise steal. ;)

I think under different circumstances I would have just played the hand through or fold. "I have never been heads up in Omaha before" with more than 4 people still playing my hand would have been an easy fold.

CardBender420

^^
      Shakes fist "I'll get you one day SoyCD"