sunday tourney

• 5 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Now I see why no one is saying squat. My final hand I didnt push with 9 strait draw but hit the strait holding 59 on a 678 flop. SoyCD had 910.

Makes me look like a total donk the way you wrote it SoyCD. :(
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      don't worry, you weren't the only donk in the hand :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      Now I see why no one is saying squat. My final hand I didnt push with 9 strait draw but hit the strait holding 59 on a 678 flop. SoyCD had 910.

Makes me look like a total donk the way you wrote it SoyCD. :(
      Sorry I didnt see what you were holding and asked some people watching :(

Couldnt open the hand history either - but corrected it.

Folding the second nuts there is pretty hard, especially in HU. Although after the bet- raise - re-raise it was pretty much clear I had to have a strong hand.

Would anyone have folded in Cardbenders spot?

(Hi swiss: too bad you busted so early - was looking forward to busting you myself :( )
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      ofc not, folding straight is -EV :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      After you reraised I put you on a set "simular betting when you hit top set earlier". I didnt think you had the nutz and considering I bluffed you off two monster pots previouslyly in the match with a rereaise (2000 "your bet" 4000 "my bet"). I thought there was a chance you would fold again. :D

I think I would do the same thing again. You have to take second nutz heads up seriously. "I didnt want you to see the turns" I honestly thought you were folding. :) GG anyway I can't wait untill the next community tourney.

Edit: on a side note for SWISS did you have AA that time I folded preflop? if you remember anyways. I think I asked you. i had KK44 not suited.

KK44 Bad fold good fold to big reraise? 5 handed i think.

(swiss is tricky so he may have been bluffing)

Edit: I will still have to think about my 5'678'9 push, one of the other reasons I pushed was that I knew the level of play my opponent was at, so what also ran through my head was whether or not SoyCD was trying to reraise steal. ;)

I think under different circumstances I would have just played the hand through or fold. "I have never been heads up in Omaha before" with more than 4 people still playing my hand would have been an easy fold.

CardBender420

^^
      Shakes fist "I'll get you one day SoyCD"