How to name this actions ?

    • kimlaw95
      kimlaw95
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2009 Posts: 12
      Hi All !

      In order to handle statistics, could you tell me how you named this pre flop action for HERO ?

      this is a call on 5 bets ? or finally just a cold call or ???

      Thanks a lot

      ---
      Dealing pocket cards
      Dealing to HERO: [Qs, Qd]
      HERO raises €0.16 to €0.16
      banane64 folds
      corsica70 calls €0.16
      against_0 raises €0.28 to €0.28
      wluke folds
      spinler folds
      HERO raises €0.70 to €0.86
      corsica70 folds
      against_0 raises €1.64 to €1.92 [all in]
      HERO calls €1.06
      ---
  • 9 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 09.07.2010 Posts: 10,509
      HERO raises €0.16 to €0.16
      This is a raise.
      banane64 folds
      corsica70 calls €0.16
      against_0 raises €0.28 to €0.28
      This is a 3bet.
      wluke folds
      spinler folds
      HERO raises €0.70 to €0.86
      This is a 4bet.
      corsica70 folds
      against_0 raises €1.64 to €1.92 [all in]
      This is a 5bet.
      Hero calls €1.06
      This is calling a 5bet.

      Cold calling means that you call a reraise when someone else raised. Like when UTG raises, MP 3bets (reraises) and you on CO call. Cold calling basicly means that you call over 2 or more raises.
    • kimlaw95
      kimlaw95
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2009 Posts: 12
      Thanks for answering

      So basically, the important thing is the number of raises before the last action of HERO, event if HERO has raised in those number of raises before ? right ?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 09.07.2010 Posts: 10,509
      Originally posted by kimlaw95
      So basically, the important thing is the number of raises before the last action of HERO, event if HERO has raised in those number of raises before ? right ?
      I tried to understand this, but couldn't. I have no idea what your question is. :)

      3bet means third bet. 5bet meand fifth bet. Preflop openraise is concidered second bet, as limping would be the first bet. So reraise is third bet.

      Cold calling means that hero calls 3bet (or more) when he hasn't been the one who made the previous raise.
    • kimlaw95
      kimlaw95
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2009 Posts: 12
      Well I will try again :)

      Last action of HERO is call

      HERO raises €0.16 to €0.16
      against_0 raises €0.28 to €0.28
      HERO raises €0.70 to €0.86
      against_0 raises €1.64 to €1.92 [all in]

      There are 4 raises but 2 comes from HERO.

      So my question is. I just have to count the number of raises before the last action of HERO?

      Even if HERO appears in the "before raises" ?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 09.07.2010 Posts: 10,509
      Originally posted by kimlaw95
      So my question is. I just have to count the number of raises before the last action of HERO?

      Even if HERO appears in the "before raises" ?
      Why do you need to count them? If you want to know what Xbet your raise is, just start counting from the first one.
    • kimlaw95
      kimlaw95
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2009 Posts: 12
      I agree, but it is not only for raises...
      Last action for HERO could be folds, call or raises and i needed to know exactly what it was.

      Thx
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.06.2008 Posts: 743
      Last action is call? 5 bet call?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.01.2010 Posts: 1,235
      Originally posted by kimlaw95
      I agree, but it is not only for raises...
      Last action for HERO could be folds, call or raises and i needed to know exactly what it was.

      Thx
      Heros' last action can be either:

      a) fold (to a 5bet)
      b) call (a 5bet)
      c) 6bet (but this is not the option here, since villain is already all in and there can be no raise with no other people in the pot)
    • Zakumii
      Zakumii
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.05.2012 Posts: 32
      Originally posted by TiciBoy

      Heros' last action can be either:

      a) fold (to a 5bet)
      b) call (a 5bet)
      c) 6bet (but this is not the option here, since villain is already all in and there can be no raise with no other people in the pot)
      This.

      Sounds like OP you are over complicating everything in your mind.
      When someone raises, then the next person re-raises, that's a 3bet.
      If someone else re-raises again, or if the original raiser re-raises, that's a 4bet. And so on and so on.