Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: $80.22
      BTN: $50.50
      SB: $51.50
      Hero (BB): $59.52
      UTG: $52.36

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Ac 6c

fold, CO raises to $1.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, CO raises to $11.00, Hero raises to $59.52 and is all-in, CO calls $48.52

Flop: ($119.29, 2 players) 8s 3c 7c

Turn: ($119.29, 2 players) Qd

River: ($119.29, 2 players) 9h

Hero shows Ac 6c (High Card, Ace) (Pre 31%, Flop 45%, Turn 25%)
      CO shows Kc Kh (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 69%, Flop 55%, Turn 75%)
      CO wins $116.79

villain was a 25/20 reg opening more than 30% in CO, thats why i 3b. i thought he's calling my 3b w suited connectors too, so my 3b can be seen as thin value i think.
      but villain 4bets. he had a 4b Value of 3/8 in LP. My 3b and fold to 4b value overall is 62%, though it should be more in this spot. so theoretically I'm exploitable, if don't 5b bluff here sometimes. my questions are:

1) is it necessary to have a 5b bluff range on NL50?
      2) what 4b value should villain have, so that i can be sure he's 4b bluffing enough (my FE should be around 55% for a 5b to be profitable i guess)
      3) do u think average NL50 regs are 4b bluffing enough to make 5b shoving hands like small pp and Axs in LP vs blind spots profitable?
      4) how about calling small 4b oop? (not w A6s ofc, but maybe AJs type hands and mosters too to balance, so no 5b at all)

thanks in advance
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PoincaresConjecture,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

It's kind of hard to read your hand here, you seem to be converting it wrong. :P Mainly the suits ain't colored which should be a normal case if you copying them from PT.

1) is it necessary to have a 5b bluff range on NL50?

Not really, I doubt that you going to see those exploits very often which you spoke about. :) Not on NL50.

2) what 4b value should villain have, so that i can be sure he's 4b bluffing enough (my FE should be around 55% for a 5b to be profitable i guess)

Can't say the exact value cause it vary from hand sample, image of hero and many more factors as stack size previous actions. :) 5bet bluff needs to work 45%+ here.

3) do u think average NL50 regs are 4b bluffing enough to make 5b shoving hands like small pp and Axs in LP vs blind spots profitable?

Without dynamics I don't like the 5bet-shove here even though we are VS CO. So not really.

4) how about calling small 4b oop? (not w A6s ofc, but maybe AJs type hands and mosters too to balance, so no 5b at all)

Why would you want to Call with dominated hands? :P Wouldn't really like it either while you can't just overplay him postflop with the stacks left and pot will be already pretty big postflop.

Best Regards.
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      hi veriz,

thanks for the answer. I'm def going to post more hands.

1) i had A6 suited
      2) if villain is 4b bluffing a lot u wouldn't call with dominated hands if u call AJs+ JJ+ for example because that way u keep his bluffs in.
      3) but like u said, i also have the feeling NL50 players are not going to exploit here, so ill just keep it simple for now.

best regards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, I saw about the hand but just it's much easier to read the hand when it also has colors. :P

About 4bet bluffing, I doubt that you have such a sample size which comes into handy.