$9.22
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $20.91
      BU:
      $8.44

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.5) 9, K, 7 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, MP2 folds, BU raises to $2.70, SB folds, BB folds, Hero raises to $6.35, BU calls $5.44, Hero calls $1.79.

Turn: ($17.78) 6 (2 players)

River: ($17.78) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.78.
  • 4 replies
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      It's a hand i think that your decisions are depended on who your opponent is. It is natural to bet your Top pair Top kicker on the flop.
      The real question comes when you get raised. Call, Fold or 3bet ?
      A) On a board that is so drawy i think it is so bad to call OOP to a raise.
      B) But folding is bad also because you give up value to aggressive players who could do that with worst.
      C) The 3betting most of times (if the other guy is not some gambler or very loose player) isolates your hand with hands that at best you are a slight underdog (straight flush draws) or you are drawing nearly dead (99, 77, K9).
      All in all, i think It is a very difficult spot to be Vs unknown villain. Just do what won't affect your mental game, the play that comes to you naturally.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Nah, don't like it. Especially being in multiway pot where it's very likely that you will be more often behind than ahead. The guy has to overplay Kx hands while with draws he would most likely just Call in multiway pot, so I'd Bet/Fold it.

Best Regards.
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global

It's a hand i think that your decisions are depended on who your opponent is.

Aren't all decisions in poker dependent on your opponent?!!

In chess a good move is a good move doesn't matter if you face beginner or grandmaster. But in poker?
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      All decisions are depended to who your opponent is, that is tottaly right. But some hands are more some hands are less. This is more depended for me. It is a hand that you need to know more than just your opponent playing style.

Since you are an active player in the forum you know that we evaluate some hands with no reads given. How can we? Because there are some general lines we follow.

Here veriz just said "Nah, don't like it. Especially being in multiway pot where it's very likely that you will be more often behind than ahead. The guy has to overplay Kx hands while with draws he would most likely just Call in multiway pot, so I'd Bet/Fold it."

Keyword is multi-way. In a multiway you are more likely behind. In a multiway pot he is less likely to bluff (assuming we face a sane opponent). See no read just that it is a multiway pot.

So what i mentioned was that in this hand i would have a hard time to play it since no general lines i think are applyable here. I have seen guys play like that with just FD so i would have hard time play the hand with no reads.