One poker room or many?

• ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      How many poker rooms do you use? I understand that you will get Strategy points from many, but when playing in many rooms your chances of getting some bonus/promotion from one poker room is lower.
  • 9 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Ramadas,

I play on 3. I'll use my Unibet for Cash which has nearly all my Bankroll, 888 for MTT's and the Cam tables - Play here mainly for fun and the MTT are small and soft :D Lastly Pokerstars when they have their special Tourneys such as The MicroMillions, SCOOP & Red Spade Opens. But its around 90% on one Room for myself.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      About 3-4 regularly, I like spreading it, for sure.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      On second thoughts, lets chuck this over into General Poker Discussion and see what the overall community does regarding several rooms :]
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      On the micro's playing on 1 site is more then enough. Playing multiple sites comes more into play once you start playing midstakes where its really +ev to play on smaller sites like 888 that are really soft and you can get a way better table selection playing on 2-4 sites at once.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      I've been playing on 4 sites only because of brs from here. Doing okay on 2 of them although prob moving all back to my original site one site purely because not getting enough players on the other sites.

Don't know if it was a slow month last month, but struggled to get 6 t/sngs going at the same time and don't like to play less.

Be a shame but will not get any Strategy Points as I was already on this site.

Am currently trying to build a $1 br on PS .10c MTTs so concentrating souly on that site and those games for at least a month.
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      I tend to only play one site at once, for example I played on 888 till I cleared the bonus and now I'm on WH until I clear the bonus.

I have accounts though on PKR, Party, 888, William Hill, Sky, Titan and Full Tilt.

I always have about $100 in each so I can take advantage of any decent MTTs that are available. Like on PKR I always like to play the Mini Masters and I like the Grand Daddy on 888.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Depends on your style, game type and how much of your effective roll you have online.

-A LAGy HU pro who has almost his entire effective roll online should play many sites.

-A nitty FR rakeback grinder who has a very small % of his effective roll online (like myself) can just play on Stars and be fine.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      I play on multiple sites daily and often during the same sessions. mostly because I can table select much better but another reason is the type of game each network offers is different.

Eg. Say im running well and hitting every flop then ill play most of my time at somewhere like 888 or PKR. but while these loosepassive sites give me the best longterm winrate in the shorterm they have higher variance just because the showdown nature of the games. So if im running bad or cant hit a flop then ill play more at Stars where I can win more often without making a hand.
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the posts.

Additional advantages of having only one poker room where you play:

- HUD data for large number of hands of the regs in cash games. Even on PartyPoker Micros I see the same people.

- You clear bonuses faster and earn VIP points.