thread closed - new dates - FL 2/4 Sunday 11.30pm and Friday 11am

• Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      From now on you find the new reviews on the bottom.

July 4

This Days coaching was nice i think, we had interesting Hands and some discussions about how to play Draws with Showdown Value. Firsttsunami could not come.

If u have a strong Draw but also some SD Value its often better to play passively, because no better hands will fold and you can try to induce bluffs. So a 8 high Flushdraw is much better to semibluff with then a A-high Draw, because you will rarely get a Pair to fold, but easily T or J-high hands.

In this Hand a raised the Flop, hoping to induce a Reraise, so that i can raise again on the Turn. He c/r his Flush on the Turn which was nice for me, because i saved 1BB.

Titan Limit Hold'em, $2.00/$4.00 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:club:
      4 folds, MP2 calls,

Flop: 7:diamond: , 5:spade: , 9:diamond: ( 1.25BB )
      MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: 3:diamond: ( 2.25BB )
      MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2raises, Hero calls.

River: 5:club: ( 4.25BB )
      MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.1125BB

He shows A:diamond: 8:diamond:

June 27

Todays Coaching was on my birthday so i had to win obv. this worked, but not too good, at the end i was about break even.

The Coaching was good, there were several interesting hands and discussions running. We had several Donkeys on the table. One of them seems to be tilted because i took so much time with my dicisions (because i had to explain). After he flamed the chat a little bit we had that Hand:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls, 1 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: A:diamond: , 2:club: , J:diamond: ( 1.5BB )
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, Hero calls,

Turn: K:spade: ( 3.5BB )
      SB bets, Hero calls, CO calls,

River: 3:diamond: ( 6.5BB )
      SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Final Pot: 19.0BB

SB: QT, SB: A3

The tilty guy was SB and during the hand i took long time and wrote in the chat i have to think and stuff and esecially on the river i wrote a lot of stuff in the chat what probably tiltes him, so i think this might be the reason why he paid 4 Bets on the River with only TwoPair. Nasty but funny :)

June 22

I´ll just introduce Firsttsunami a little bit: He´s a 23 years old guy from Kassel, Germany and workes for PS.com for over a year now. He is well known on the german board as a professional Hand-Judge and also produces Videos.
      He´s not in training so is english is still a little bit slow, but this will be better with more experience, i had the same problems at the beginning.
      He´s a nice guy (i know him personally) and a good player and analyst, so i think it will be fun in the future. Again i was winning in the session- My downswing ended when he comes the coaching, maybe theres a correlation :)

June 20

This was the first time Firsttsunami co-coached. He is Hand Judge at the German Site and i just gave him voice rights. He liked it and now officialy will help me coaching in all the english Coachings.

The Session was okay, the tables are just much worse at noon then they are at the Sunday Night Coaching, much more tags hanging around. The 25BB i won could easily have been 50 with more of the typical fishes in the hand.

Again it was clear how much money you safe, because they don´t get their value by playing very passive. This is a nice thing about playing 2/4, you rarely get into tough spots :)

June 1- June 10 WSOP Las Vegas :)

May 30

Yesterday and the day before i won 100BB in the 1/2 Coachings, but on 2/4 and higher the coahcing downswing goes on. But this time i was only loosing little, a maniac paying me off gave me some money back.

Villain Tag

Since he would play strong Hands call Flop Raise Turn very often i capped here hoping to kick him from A high.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises, Hero calls.

Flop: 8:heart: , T:spade: , 6:club: ( 1.25BB )
      Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3Bets, Hero caps, CO calls.

Turn: 2:club: ( 2.25BB )
      Hero bets, CO calls,

River: 4:heart: ( 4.25BB )
      Hero bets, 1 folds,

Final Pot: 8.8375BB

Sunday May 25

I´m in a coaching Downswing, but this is ok because in the first 30.000 hands of my coachings there wasn´t a serious downswing before. I lost 150-200BB in the last 4 or 5 coachings.

This night we had one interesting hand where i dont know how to play the turn and river:

Villain: Tag

Hero is BB with J:club: J:spade:

1 folds, MP3 raises, 3 folds, BB 3-bets, MP3 calls,

Flop: A:diamond: , 9:diamond: , A:heart: ( 3.25BB )
      BB bets, MP3 calls,

Turn: 2:spade: ( 4.25BB )
      Hero?

Bet? what do do against a raise? how about the river?
  • 23 replies
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Update May 30
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Update June 20
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Update June 27
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Update July 4
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 6

I tried pretty long to get hand historys out of my Poker Tracker, but for a reason i don´t understand it is not working. this is unfortunate because there were several interesting hands we had.

in 1 hand i found a perfect spot for a raise/fold on the river: I got a freeplay with J7o vs. SB.

Flop was J 4s 5s. He Bets, i called, planning to raise every turn.
      Turn was 2. He checks, i bet for Value, he calls.
      River was 8. He donks. Hero?

He playes a strange Line: bet, c/c, donk. I can´t imagine that he has a better J or a similar hand, i expect him to bet or c/r the Turn with that type of hands. So i though either he has a weak madehand, maybe hitting the 8 on the river, or 67 for a straight.
      so i decided to raise for value and fold to a 3bet. I can not imagine to get bluffed with that line.

He called and showed A6 for A-high. ?(

today we saw unbelievibel calls on the Flop. 1 example:

UTG raises, BU coldcalls, I 3bet from the BB, both call:

Flop A27 rainbow.

I contibet the Flop, UTG calls, Bu overcalls with 69 without backdoorflush. wtf!?

Funny Guys on the tables :)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 13

The Coaching was nice. Unfortunatly we had sound Problems, i hope we can fix that in the future coachings. Theres an Echo always and firsttsunami always hears me 3 seconds delayed, which is nice beacause this lead to the problem that we speak at the same time often.

I was down 40 BB after 15 minutes and it took till the end to get break even. I had position to a complete maniac for one hour and he donated 150$, which was nice.

I remebr two hands (converter is not working):

I had 66 4handed on the Flop (Preflop 3bets): 6 2 J

Maniac bets, i raise, 3rd guy coldcalls, maniac 3bets, I cap, 3rd guy coldcalls.

Turn: T

Maniac Bets, I raise, 3rd guy coldcalls all in, Maniac Calls.

River: A

Maniac Bets, I raise, Maniac folds.

3rd guy: 27 ?(

Next Hand i had A3 in a Blind Battle
      Flop: A 3 J

He Bets, i Call.

Turn: K

He Bets, I Raise, He3bets, Icap.

River 4

He Bets, I raise, He calls.

He shows 77 ?(
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 17

This Day we had the Sundays Coaching earlier, because Firsttsunami and me are at the Loveparade in Dortmund this weekend :)
      The Session started bad, i lost half a stack in 8 hands in HU winning zero hands and lost another stack but i ended up slightly plus, think i won 50-100$.

There was one intersting hand where i really only played the stats of my oppenent. look at the stats, then u might understand the play: 21, 14, 5.5, 25.

I raised from the SB with Q9 and got 3bet by him.

the Flop: 8T2

I check, He bets, I raise, He 3bets, I cap

With this stats he is playing every hand he has overaggressive, but is not going to the SD withit if somebody fires back. So i expect him to 3bet 100% of his range on the Flop giving me good Fold Equity on the Turn if I cap the flop and lead out.

Turn was J:

I Bet, He Raises, I 3Bet, He folds!

He even raised the turn with not much and then folded to a 3bet, so my read was right.
      The Question is if i would have had the balls to 3bet the turn unimproved, I dont know.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      -
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      Hi,

Today i had slightly - session. But i think i only lost 40 bucks beeing compensated by the rakeback.
      sometimes the tables have a lot of tags if you play at this time of the day, but today we had a lot of bad players.

Unfortunatly the Hand History Converter i have for Titan Poker is not working properly, i get wrong Hands if I try to convert HHs from PT.

I had one hand where Call Flop, Raise Turn is nice also with hands less then Top Pair:

I open from BU with A7, SB 3bets.

Flop 7T5 2 suited.

on this board there a a lot of drawy possible and i´ll get calldowns almost always by every pair, K and A high, so i can play call Flop, Raise Turn with 22, 65 and A7, also with a valuebet on the river.

Action was like that:

He Bet, I call

Turn: 4

He Bet, I raise

River 5

He Check, I bet, He calls

He shows AK.

I would have played his hand the same, on this board he can hardly fold anything.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 25

Since there is no working HH-Converter available for Titan Hands any longer I have to just post hand historys unfortunatly, sorry.

The coaching was nice, there were serveral interesting hands and a lot of action. We had 2 PS.de Tags on the table. 1 Guy thinks it is fun to switch between the coaching and the tables and tries to outplay me then or something^ its entertaining most of the time. 1 hand he totaly seems to tilt or missreads me:

I was Sb raises, He BB reraises.

Flop AA2, i had A3 and c/raised the Flop which obviously seems to tilt him because he 3bets and also raises my Turndonk on the K. Then he bets the river and shows K7o. ?(

There was another interesting Spot were I did a 'Value-Check/Raise' as a pure bluff:

GAME #1087614113: Texas Hold'em Limit $2.00/$4.00 2008-07-25 11:22:02

Dealt to Dschigariza [87]

XcomX: Raise $4.00
      owen00721: Fold
      aznracer: Fold
      wztyf4008: Call $3.00
      Cornholio: Call $2.00

*** FLOP *** [S10 D2 C6]
      wztyf4008: Check
      Cornholio: Check
      XcomX: Bet $2.00
      wztyf4008: Call $2.00
      Cornholio: Raise $4.00
      XcomX: Call $2.00
      wztyf4008: Call $2.00

*** TURN *** [S2]
      wztyf4008: Check
      Cornholio: Bet $4.00
      XcomX: Fold
      wztyf4008: Fold

The PFA was TAG and he missed that Board very often, so he will fold almost always on the Turn if he not has a pair. The other guy was a fish who could hold a lot of trash that he will fold on the turn.
      By this play i can balance my c/r with Toppair in this Spot and its powerfull because nobody will ever but me on a bluff on that board.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 27

Todays Session was fine, i was losing a lot in the first half of the coaching, because i hit very bad and some guys hit some cards on the river against me, but in the 2nd half it was better and i was break even in the end, which is always okay because of the high rake(back).

We were talking about heads up a little bit, because i had an opponent for 20 minutes. He was a PS.de Guy, but played strange (and bad) poker. donking all the time and stuff like that. An importnat thing about LHE HU Poker ist to purebluff, especially on dry boards. If you only raise madehands in such spots its way to easy for your oppenents to adapt on you and find tough folds.
      My special opponent gave me credit so far so i tried to attack all spots i can find. This Board is not bad- its somehow over-dry, so some people might call u down with K or A high. But often enough you get him to fold something and even if J9 folds, its a succes.

Dealt to Cornholio in BB [:heart: 5 :spade: 8]

Bertasacaojos: Raise $4.00
      Cornholio: Call $2.00

*** FLOP *** [:heart: 3 :club: Q :spade: 4]
      Cornholio: Check
      Bertasacaojos: Bet $2.00
      Cornholio: Raise $4.00
      Bertasacaojos: Call $2.00

*** TURN *** [:diamond: 6]
      Bertasacaojos: Call $4.00

*** RIVER *** [:diamond: K]
      Bertasacaojos: Fold
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      August 1

Todays Session was without Firsttsunami, he couldn´t come. The Session was pretty interesting, because i got a lot of big hands and played against a lot of big hands. I was hitting pretty good on the end at one table with rather weak players, so i started to raise a lot of hands, putting pressure on the table. after i created a loose imgage i got a few good hands where i was able to get good value for.

Sometimes Image and History is very important, when opponents pay attention. Before this Hand i made a weak check Behind- Fold River against the same guy and so far it seems that he likes to bet if you check.

Since a lot of backdoordraws and Flopdraws are busted on the river, this was a perfect spot to call with Q high, which is actually not less then the unpaired Nuts on this Board.

Cornholio is SB with Q :heart: J :heart:

Preflop: 1 fold, MP calls, Cornholio raises to 2.00, 1 folds, MP calls.

Flop (4.50) 4:heart: 6:spade: K:spade:
      Cornholio bets, MP calls.

Turn (8.50) A:heart:
      Cornholio bets, MP calls.

River (12.50) 2:club:
      Cornholio checks, Mp bets, Cornholio calls.

cbrlucky shows 5:heart: 8:heart:

Finaly i found a converter for my Titan hands, its not very good, but much better than posting hand historys.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      August 3

The Coaching was fine, the result was that I won 75$ which is not far from break even. There were a lot of fish on the tables as usual, but also some Tags play strange Poker sometimes and make mistakes that you would not expect even from beginners, look at that hand:

Titan Poker 2.00/4.00, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button Button ($127.80)
      SB SB ($121.97)
      BB BB ($18.55)
      UTG ($20.00)
      UTG+1 ($275.41)

Cornholio is BU with A:club: A:heart:

Preflop: , UTG checks, 1 fold, Button raises to 4.00, SB raises to 6.00, BB calls 4.00, 1 fold, Button raises to 8.00, SB calls 2.00, BB calls 2.00.

Flop (31.00) 8:heart: 8:club: K:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Button bets 2.00, SB calls 2.00, 1 fold.

Turn (35.00) 5:heart:
      SB checks, Button bets 4.00, SB raises to 8.00, Button raises to 12.00, SB raises to 16.00, Button calls 4.00.

River (79.00) A:spade:
      SB bets 4.00, Button raises to 8.00, SB raises to 12.00, Button raises to 16.00, SB calls 4.00

SB shows A:diamond: K:spade:
      Button shows A:club: A:heart:

Button wins 123.00 with A full house, Aces and Eights

I dont understand what he is doing here, he beats zero hands :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      But I've been told 3 pair is the nuts?

Is this guy really a TAG? If he is he was probably tilting.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      really strange, he wasn´t tilting in my impression, but he obviously only saw his hand without thinking what i might have. also his turncap ist spew, because i would only 3bet AK,AA or KK on the Turn.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      August 15

Unfortunately i couldnt be there the last two Coachings but one of them was held by Firsttsunami. Today we had a Coaching that was actually nice- I was in LAG-Modus and i got a lot of monster hands- Flopping trips and straights and Full Houses all the time.

One should think that this are good conditions for havin a big upswing Coaching.
      But the ecaxt opposite was happening: I lost 150 Bucks. Either evrybody folded the Flop when i had the Nuts, or i got sucked Out by 0.2 Outer. This happend like 5 times.

One Example:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:diamond: , 7:heart:
      MP raises, Hero 3bets, BU calls, 2 folds.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 7:spade: , 5:diamond: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets, BU calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A:heart: (3 players)
      MP checks. Hero bets, BU raises, MP folds, Hero 3bets, BU calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BU raises, Hero 3bets, BU caps, Hero calls.

BU shows: A5o

Obviously :rolleyes:

How hard can you misplay a hand: He coldcalls 3bets with A5o, wtf is that. Then he not protects his Hand on the Flop. The he not capped the Turn. The only Thing he was doing right in this Hand is capping the River.
      But so what - Poker is gambling, isnt it? :)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      August 17

this was the most ridicolous session I played for a long time.
      I lost over 100BB! And i only played 3 tables and the opponents were very bad.
      I had a stupid Maniac on one table who missplayed and overplayed every single hand.

We played around 10 Hands and i was able to win zero of it.

I had > 10 Strong Draws in the session, 3 of it Monsterdraws, i hit exactly zero.

Unfortunately I dont have any Poker Programs at the moment, so i can´t post any stats or hands :/ but this Problem will be solved soon.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      August 22

I think the coaching was very good. We had a lot of very interesting hands and i think i made some very good plays that worked out pretty well sometimes. at the beginning i got constantly bad-beaten, but in the end i was hitting pretty good and won around 150$, could be worse.

3 Hands:

Hand 1 was a feeling that his c/r is not strong, has not much to do with range analasis:

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      Limit: $2/$4
      5 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 8 J
      2 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6 Q K (4.5SB, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: T (3.25BB, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds.
      Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: 7.25BB

In Hand 2 i raise the flop because i could easily be ahead and also sometimes a better a high might fold on a godd turncard. after the 3bet he could have A high or a pocket very often. my turnraise looks very strong, i try to represent the 5.

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      4 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A 6
      UTG (poster) checks, Button folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 4 5 5 (6SB, 3 players)
      SB bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: K (6BB, 2 players)
      SB bets, Hero raises, SB folds.
      Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: 8BB

Hand 3: Balancing the bet Flop c/f Line in small Pots.

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 7 K
      4 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: J 6 5 (4SB, 2 players)
      Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: K (3BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: J (7BB, 2 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to BB.

Results:
      Final pot: 9BB
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Are you really not ahead 1/11 times on the river in hand 3?