Hi to all!

• SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'm new to poker looking the place to learn. So far I completed the quiz, received the 50$ bonus and playing in Poker770. For now I'm looking into S&G's and MTT's. Can't play on real money tables, because starting to count winnings and then I see the real money on table, not chips, I'm starting tilt instantly. I need to play with chips and loosing not effects me so much.
      In overall I'm not made for poker as I'm very emotional and loosing makes me do the bad decisions but trying to improve my mind. :)
      My top winning is 100$ Freeroll at first place(won about 18$), and few S&G's with top 5$ first place.
      In the meantime I'm trying to reach silver status without deposit, and last month I was 2 points short. :s_o:
      Anyway this is great site and I want to get involved here.
      Thanks.
  • 18 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Hi, nice to meet you! :D Hope you can earn a lot and your poker journey be a wonderful one. :P
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by SpecialEdd
      Hi,
      I'm new to poker looking the place to learn. So far I completed the quiz, received the 50$ bonus and playing in Poker770. For now I'm looking into S&G's and MTT's. Can't play on real money tables, because starting to count winnings and then I see the real money on table, not chips, I'm starting tilt instantly. I need to play with chips and loosing not effects me so much.
      In overall I'm not made for poker as I'm very emotional and loosing makes me do the bad decisions but trying to improve my mind. :)
      My top winning is 100$ Freeroll at first place(won about 18$), and few S&G's with top 5$ first place.
      In the meantime I'm trying to reach silver status without deposit, and last month I was 2 points short. :s_o:
      Anyway this is great site and I want to get involved here.
      Thanks.
      Hi, and Welcome to PokerStrategy.com,

I know what you mean about thinking about the money too much!
      That is why PokerStrategy.com puts such a strong emphasis on bankroll management (BRM).

By all means play within your comfort zone, it is recommended that you focus your attention on how you play each hand, not what the results are.
      Be sure to read the basic and bronze strategy articles, and watch as many basic and bronze videos that you can.
      In time, you will learn to ignore the losses, and concentrate on your play itself.

Playing with other people's money helps too!

Good luck,
      --VS
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Ok i have reached my silver status, and can learn more. Still looking to my net winnings in HM2 and can't change my mind that I'm playing to learn and not to earn. If anyone interested my NET is with - sign :)
      Also i noticed that I'm afraid to be aggressive after flop.Always thinking that my hand is shity and opponent will win.
      In preflop game I feel stronger.
      Anyway trying to improve my game and in overall i fell pretty good. :P
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hi SpecialEdd

I like your attitude about learning and not earning! I think with this mindset you will learn quickly and I'm sure you will become more comfortable with money on the table. Just make use of the strategy articles, coachings and hand evaluations since these will help you lots.

And congratulations on making silver without depositing too :D are you planning to play SnGs/MTTs or cash games?
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      I will look more to SnGs/MTTs, but also learning the basics for the cash games.
      Yeah i achieved my goal to reach silver with no deposit, but my bankroll now is very tight. :rolleyes: I'm also planing to make a deposit to Pokerstars as they have playing platform for mobile devices, and it's good for me. But no cash games there as i heard a lot of sharks in that water :D I will look more to freerolls and small Buy in SnGs/MTTs.

Thanks.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      well done on silver
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Ok here is a little update. I have deposited 50$ to pokerstars, and was playing S&G sitting on the toilet with my iPad. :D It was nice experience. The small buy in S&G's was a little bit easier than i expected, i played in 6 max hyper-turbos, 2 places payed. Almost every time i reached 2nd place, need to improve heads up game, any recommendations?
      Also tried the 0.01/0.02 NL in cash, wasn't so bad, i can play there. So the plan is to get some bonus, and PS points, but i have noticed that i haven't received any maybe something wrong in registration i will try to contact support.

Thanks.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      do you have a blog, maybe you could post this stuff in that :f_biggrin:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey SpecialEdd

First off, let me try and see if i can find someone to check your account, see if there's any information on if you have tracked it properly. Sometimes the points just take a while to come through the system, sometimes we have to wait a little longer than expected to get the information from the poker rooms.

Second i'm gonna have to warn you that for those 6max hypers you are gonna need some serious balls of steel. The variance in those games can be so sick, it can feel like you are eternally running bad. But of course if you feel like you have already, or soon can with some study, get an edge on these games and you have said balls of steel go for it it and good luck :)

Have you checked out the blog section of the forum yet? There are a couple of blogs from people that are playing the 6max hypers as their main game, maybe you could get some hints and tips from those guys and maybe it will inspire you to start your own blog? ;)

Best of luck
      Carl
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi SpecialEdd ,

Did you download and install the PokerStars client through our download links and used our marketing code when you created your account?

If you did, can you please check that you have information sharing enabled as this is important so that we can track your activity. You can check this from the PokerStars software menu by going to "Requests" and then select "Information Sharing".

Regards,
      Richard
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi,
      yes i have checked the information sharing and there was no check sign. So i think now it will be ok. Sorry about this, i think i missed this info. Thank you guys for quick help.
      About my own blog I'm to young for that in poker :) . If i go more further sure i will start it and now i will just read and sometimes post here if it's ok.

Cheers!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Of course it's ok. This is your community too. You post wherever you feel comfertable posting :)
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      One more post :D Today i won the biggest pot ever, not sure was it the perfect hand from my side, as the BB player was pretty tight and i think this is just lucky one. Anyway it's nice for me :)

IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $5.48 (274 bb)
      MP: $4.97 (248.5 bb)
      CO: $2.57 (128.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.35 (117.5 bb)
      SB: $2.61 (130.5 bb)
      BB: $5 (250 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2 3
      Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21) 2 6 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.49) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $2, Hero raises to $5.24, BB calls $2.76 and is all-in

River: ($10.01) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $10.01 pot ($0.66 rake)
      Final Board: 2 6 4 2 Q
      Hero mucked 2 3 and won $9.35 ($4.35 net)
      BB showed K K and lost (-$5 net)
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      Hi SpecialEdd..!
      Gl at the tables..!
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi again,
      ok i have completed the month with 307 PS points and looking to gold status this month. I was almost a week off the poker, so i will try to reach it this month. I have lost my $50 deposited to PokerStars, first time got tilted pretty hard. I had like a mist on my brain and eyes, and felt awake only after I saw zero balance. Interesting experience i have to say.
      Anyway i have PokerStars capital for around 30$ and I need to respect that and keep it up by any means. :D
      This month i will deposit other 50$ and i think to Poker770 room just to get the max points. I have decided to deposit only $50 per month, just for my safety. It would be nice to invest $500 and play in higher limits, but for now it would hurt my budget.
      As talking about my poker level, I'm improving and now i can understand that I'm playing really bad. So this is the win.

So the goal is to reach gold level, and i will try to do that. Can't play all day long, i have a daily job, wife and other family stuff to do, so please understand me =)
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      goodluck on depositing 50 a month. :f_o:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SpecialEdd
      Hi again,
      ok i have completed the month with 307 PS points and looking to gold status this month. I was almost a week off the poker, so i will try to reach it this month. I have lost my $50 deposited to PokerStars, first time got tilted pretty hard. I had like a mist on my brain and eyes, and felt awake only after I saw zero balance. Interesting experience i have to say.
      Anyway i have PokerStars capital for around 30$ and I need to respect that and keep it up by any means. :D
      This month i will deposit other 50$ and i think to Poker770 room just to get the max points. I have decided to deposit only $50 per month, just for my safety. It would be nice to invest $500 and play in higher limits, but for now it would hurt my budget.
      As talking about my poker level, I'm improving and now i can understand that I'm playing really bad. So this is the win.

So the goal is to reach gold level, and i will try to do that. Can't play all day long, i have a daily job, wife and other family stuff to do, so please understand me =)

Don't worry about it, most of us have been there and tilted off a lot of cash at some point. Think of it this way, at least you have learnt the lesson at the micro stakes and not at NL100+. Just keep playing, keep studying keep practicing good bankroll management and you will soon be back.

I understand about the wife and family they should always come first of course :) How long have you been married for?
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      I'm married about 9 months now so noob not only in poker :D If you would ask me about the marriage there are a lot of strange feelings. If anyone would tell me that he is going to marry, i would say, don't do it man, run till you can. But if someone would turn the time back, i would do the same thing, don't want to change anything. It's strange, can't explain it :) Good for me, not recommended for others :D

P.S i found beginners school NL Beginners Course here at PS, and i think it's great i will join that for sure.

P.S.S I forgot to mention about my English, trying to learn, so sorry about it. :P