UTG ($12.62) 126bb
      UTG+1 ($10) 100bb
      CO ($11.72) 117bb
      Hero (BTN) ($12.17) 122bb
      SB ($15.74) 157bb
      BB ($14.70) 147bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 2:heart: A:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: J:heart: 8:heart: 4:spade: ($2.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: 10:spade: ($2.15, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.90, UTG calls $2.60

River: 8:club: ($9.95, 2 players)
      UTG bets $2, Hero folds

Final Pot: $9.95

UTG wins $11.50 (net +$4.60)

Hero lost $4.90

Preflop : Opponent is loose preflop and tight postflop so i decided to raise here, IP with A2s, suited connetors, with some showdown value and of course high card value.

Postflop : He checks, so i took the free one here

Turn : So he decides to go for some value, i didn't want to see river, or went showdown so i raised here, was hoping too see him laying down, but unfortunately he called down.

River: ???
  • 6 replies
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      3-Bet Preflop with A2s ? ?(

Opponent is loose preflop and tight postflop.

What does it mean? That he is loose-passive? Have VPIP & PFR something like 40/12?

Anyway, I would follow Harringtons advice on 3-betting preflop.

Basically he says look at two stats before you do 3-bet: Fold to PF 3-Bet and PFR.

If he has F3 like 70% or something you can "3-bet light" - and A2s hand is fine.
      If you have no reliable F3 data you should look at his PFR and "3-bet light" with 25% of his PFR range. That way your hand will be favorite.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Pre I'm not a big fan of the 3b. What are his stats (VPIP/PFR/3B/F3B)? You said he's quite loose but still his UTG range is going to be quite strong. CO vs BTN is a much better spot for such a 3b.

On the flop I prefer to bet. You generate a lot more fold equity than raising turn. And have good equity with the fd if called.

Plus most value hands would bet for protection on such a wet flop so when you raise turn you really don't rep much - most of the time you just rep a draw. So depending on opponent and implied odds I'd either call or fold.

River just fold. You cant call and if you raise he's still getting good odds so again not much fold equity.
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gigenieks
      3-Bet Preflop with A2s ? ?(

Opponent is loose preflop and tight postflop.

What does it mean? That he is loose-passive? Have VPIP & PFR something like 40/12?

Anyway, I would follow Harringtons advice on 3-betting preflop.

Basically he says look at two stats before you do 3-bet: Fold to PF 3-Bet and PFR.

If he has F3 like 70% or something you can "3-bet light" - and A2s hand is fine.
      If you have no reliable F3 data you should look at his PFR and "3-bet light" with 25% of his PFR range. That way your hand will be favorite.
      It means that he opens with wide range, but postflop he usally play passive, so yes Loose-passive

Thanks for advice i will keep this in mind.
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Yeah, I guess "Opponent is loose preflop and tight postflop." sound a bit more pro-ish than just saying "villain is LP". :s_biggrin:
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      But i am Pro :coolface:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tiltmeifucan,

Preflop: Your hand doesn't follow the plan at all. Which makes me think that you have no idea how to play in 3bet pots. Nor I don't see any reason why you should be 3betting in first place as you say yourself that he is loose so which means he will just Call better Ax hands which dominate you. So what's the purpose of 3bet here?

As played
      Postflop: Huh? You said he is passive postflop then it means you have to CB most of those spots, especially when you have nutFD. Why do you skip the CB then? You would CB almost every hand on the flop to protect your hand so doesn't make sense to raise the turn either. :(

Just watching some videos and coaches 3betting those type of hands it doesn't mean that you should also do that. There is always a reason why coach is doing that which in your case isn't working out cause you don't have a plan. Just 3bet and hope to hit, although I don't even understand what (you didn't even CB IP with nutFD).

Best Regards.