[NL2-NL10] NL£4 KJs vs. BTN open - preflop value?

• inlovewithamsterdam
      BTN is unknown, SB is a stationy fish: 41/21, fold to 3bet 1 of 3, after 130 hands.

Basically my main question is regarding my pre-flop raise. Am I right in raising for value in this spot?

Pre-flop: I squeeze because I believe BTN's range is weak and I want to get some value from SB's loose calls. Plus if both players fold I am happy to win a pot unchallenged OOP.

Flop: I think I shouldn't have Cbet, this flop hits his range which imho is full of broadways and suited connectors.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.78)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10.79)
      UTG+1 ($20.58)
      CO ($1.89)
      BTN ($4.73)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1, fold, SB calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.25) T:spade: A:heart: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB calls $1.30

TURN ($4.85) T:spade: A:heart: 9:spade: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.85) T:spade: A:heart: 9:spade: 6:spade: 4:spade:

SB bets $1.90, Hero folds

SB wins $4.53
  • 2 replies
    • holmeboy
      I like it. If Btn has high ft3b then your isolating the fish ip a lot.

Don't think Id cbet. It's a pretty ugly board plus you said it yourself sb is a station so he's not folding enough
    • veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

I would have still CB the flop if you are isolating such hands while we also have some backdoors + GS + maybe even working overcard. Unless you assume the guy is super passive and wont take stabs on us.

If you hit your FD on the turn then you most likely wont be able to Call cause you don't have the implied odds. Which means we gonna have to give up on the turn.

Best Regards.