Hero (BTN): $17.06 (170.6 bb)
      SB: $10.30 (103 bb)
      BB: $10.74 (107.4 bb)
      UTG: $4.19 (41.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) J 3 K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ?

Should I bet the flop or just check behind?
  • 4 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Do you have any stats/read? Also think 4bb btn raise is too much 2.5-3.5bb depending on who's in blinds.

I like to cbet here - kx is such a small part of his range and dont want to be giving him a free card. Then I'd plan to barrel on any J, T, Q, or heart.
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Hi holmeboy,

about the preflop open from BU I've fixed that and now im opening 3x from this postion.

I like your thought direction about the C-bet and I'm thinking exactly the same way, but I got some criticism about it so I want to clear it up.

Thanks for your comment.

Regards,
      DannyJQ
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Mmm... Unless they're saying there's no worse hands calling/better hands folding then don't know. Cause we're still possibly getting action against hands such as 88, 99 and TT. Maybe even AQ and weaker Jx.

And the times we are behind with the backdoor draws I think we have enough equity to still make the cbet.

So don't understand the criticism. Just wait for Veriz' opinion on the hand sure!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DannyJQ,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I'd still Bet the flop where we might even protect our hand, we can always decide what we going to do on the turn improved or unimproved.

Best Regards.