[NL2-NL10] Nl4

• 3 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Do you have any reads?

Don't like you play here. Open limping isn't great would much prefer to raise myself.

On the flop I don't understand your decision to check raise. I most likely just fold. But yeah for a check raise it is a bit small ~$1 would be better. The problem on turn is what worse hands do you expect to call? Or better hands fold? Same on the river.
    • Shagmo
      Shagmo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Do you have any reads?

Don't like you play here. Open limping isn't great would much prefer to raise myself.

On the flop I don't understand your decision to check raise. I most likely just fold. But yeah for a check raise it is a bit small ~$1 would be better. The problem on turn is what worse hands do you expect to call? Or better hands fold? Same on the river.
      No reads.

Didn't raise my 66 pre-flop because I had 3 players behind me and pocket 6's isn't the strongest of hands. He then raised, I thought, ok let's call since we both have big stacks and I might get a lot out of him if I hit a set.

It was a quite a large raise from him compared to what I've seen earlier so I put him on an a very strong hand. Maybe Aces, Kings, Queens, or something like AKs or AQo.

Then the flop came: 2d 4d 10d

I ruled out him having hit top pair so I checked with the intention of re-raising him if he raises, just to get some tells on what he may have.
      He bet somewhere around 3/4 of the pot and I re-raist almost potsize. I figured he would 3-bet with overpairs or a flush. But he called me.

Then I put him on an AK or AQ hand, with possible 1 diamond. (I was right)

Turn card: 2s

Pretty blank card I thought so I just continued my bet thinking I have the best hand and keeping my fingers crossed no A, K, Q or diamond shows up. So I bet a bit over half the pot for value, he called.

River card: Ah

I was afraid of this card and should really have checked I think. But I didn't know what to do and bet half the pot again hoping he didn't hit the ace. But yet again he called and there it was, the ace on the river. :rolleyes:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shagmo,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: You should be raising here or just folding. There is no way you going to show much profit with your hand and it's really easy to read what you limping with.

As played
      Flop: Don't like your min-raise either. Don't even get the purpose why you min-raising. If he has something as FD+overcards he has very good equity and meanwhile even is IP and gets really good odds.

As played
      Turn: Should also Bet the turn bigger if you went for such a play.

As played
      River: Check/Fold cause he will have often times such hands as A:dX hands. :)

Best Regards.