This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pokerstars regular stt-s vs turbos

• 2 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Basically none, if the blind levels don't change, only the durations. There may be slight changes that better players than I can elaborate on, but you'll be able to port your current game over, completely unchanged, and still be a winning player at whichever one you're not playing now.

As for which one to pick, if you haven't picked one, I suggest turbos. They're slightly more random due to entering the late stage faster, so your ROI will drop slightly, but your $/hour should see a marked improvement.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Luupainaja,

I don't think there is any significant difference in approaching turbos or reg speeds. ICM stays the same due to 50:30:20/65:35 pay out in both cases, starting stack remains the same, players number is the same, it's just that having longer blind levels will advocate for more postflop play, better steal-resteal knowledge(IMO one of the biggest differences in these formats), longer bubble, bigger effective stacks when short-handed, etc etc. This all comes with new adjustments and if you are only used to push/fold mode on the bubble or 5-7 handed, then you might feel lost.

Usually non-turbo SnGs are softer, your ROI should be higher, hence variance is lower, but hourly rate drops compared to turbos.

<3 had a video series about regular speed SnG-Click. Unfortunately, you do not yet have silver status, but it is super easy to get or you can always subscribe for it. Def. worth watching these vids imo.

Cheers!