This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] riv / folding set?

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      My opponent is a calling station (71/2/1.6/32 in 52 hands - VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD).

I cbet the flop for value and protection.

The A:diamond: on the turn complets a Flush, a straight and brings an overcard. I decided not to bet the turn again (although I could turn my hand into a bluff and try to represent the A). Should I bet/fold this turn or is it ok to xb?

On the river I hit the set (I would bet around 1/2 pot for value if he checks to me and problably fold to a raise) but he donks pot size. I think he has the flush most of the time (or at least the straight) since he's a passive player. Is it ok to fold my set on the river? :D

thx!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($4.94) 49bb
      CO ($3.80) 38bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($17.90) 179bb
      BB ($5.08) 51bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is UTG 10:spade: 10:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 3:diamond: 2:heart: 5:diamond: ($0.90, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.60

Turn: A:diamond: ($2.10, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: 10:heart: ($2.10, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.10, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.20

BB wins $4.10 (net +$1.10)

SB lost $0.30
      Hero lost $0.90
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you play against a station on the Flop, why don't you bet bigger? All these guys think they have a superdraw with their gutshots so 60cent is pretty much a bargain for them, I bet 75cents at the very least here

The Turn is fine, it blocks the nutflush so that's good

The river a callingstation bets pot. I do not see a reason here to call here. We are beat by flushes & straights (random ones) and we only beat hands that have no pair because this guy typically does not turn a pair into a bluff

- Gerv