From 10$ + 40$ bonus to 1337$

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      So i just recieved the beautifull capital on titan.

Right now im guessing i have the basics to beat at least nl25, however the br doesnt allow that. <3 the br rule ;P

As i have browsed through some others blog, i see a lot of moving up and down.
      My aproach will be to never move down. When i decide to move up to nl4, im not moving down again. Instead i might mix up with 3 tables nl4, and 6 tables nl4. And then i would keep a close eye to if my winrate hurts more than a regular downswing.
      When my br would contain a mansion and this:

.. I would have reached my goal, and i might not continue move up in limits.

And today i took the phil ivey aproach: HIT AND RUN:
      The reason the 22 hands did it for me today, was because it was a new room, where i needed to make all the correct adjustments in my PT3.

My plan is to play about 400-4000 hands pr day.

Races: 1. week nr 47 | 2. week: nr 48 | 3. week nr 11 4. week nr ?
      Started with 10.00$ + 5$ additional + 25$ deposit + 50$ bonus for 750 points.
      =40.01$ + 30$ + 10$ x1 bonus
      BR: 109,80$

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $1.20
      BTN: $4.65
      SB: $0.96
      BB: $5.33
      UTG: $1.00
      UTG+1: $5.29
      MP: $1.90
      MP+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.26, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.55, 2 players) K:club: K:heart: 4:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.55, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27

River: ($1.09, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.54, UTG calls $0.47

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (Pre 68%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      UTG shows A:diamond: T:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 32%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $1.90

Maybe a little nitty to stop @ 22 hands ;D but i have loads of days to come.
      Also i have requested for them @ titan poker to make the balance display optional, because im used to only look @ it every monday.

And last, i will update after every session.

My plans to move up in limits i guess is when i reached my 1337$ br.
      1 of the reasons that i dont move up earlier, is that im much worse at manage a short term win, than a short term loss.
      So proportional with my br increase, im just adding more tables.

Longterm goal on nl2: reach ~37500bb on 1mil hands on 2500h by atleast 15 hours pr week.
      :s_o: thats 166,67 weeks. However i might learn play more than 9 tables, and the MINIMUM amount is 15 hours pr week, so im thinking if everything goes VERYWELL, i could reach this goal on my birthday next year.
      Time will tell.

Note to self: Dont upgrade quantity before beeing more sure about quality.
      13/06 1. day: 9 tables
      14/06 2. day: 12 tables
      15/06 3. day: 9 tables
      16/06 4. day: 9 tables
      18/06 5. day: 9 tables
      19/06 6. day: 16 tables
      21/06 7. day: 9 tables
      22/06 8. day: 9 tables
      23/06 9. day: 9 tables
      24/06 10. day: 9 tables
      25/06 11. day: 9 tables !
      26/06 12. day: 9 tables !!
      27/06 13. day: 9 tables ! NL4 x 1
      28/06 14. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 2
      29/06 15. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 0
      30/06 16. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 0-2
      30/06 16,5. day: 9-12 tables !! NL4 x 0
  • 49 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Congratulations on the new starting capital on Titan Poker!

Good luck with the new blog, I'll be following for sure!

I've got about $40 on Titan Poker myself at the moment, so will be most interested to see how you feel it is. I'm mostly playing PLO4 in all currencies there though, because I might be an action junkie and it seems everyone on iPoker in NLHE are supernits... :D

Will be following diligently and am already waiting for the next update!

Regards,
      Richard
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      A little agressive approach ;D?

I play NL2 only, and i actually planning to play that for about a year, until i reach 1337$ because that was my first goal.

And i even dont join with 100bb, my strat is more suited for 60bb. And then strictly leave when i get over 105bb. And rebuy when im under 35bb or even leave the table.

And what goes to the comfort in titan, i cant really add anything yet. I can when i have played 10 days, and i have at least 15k hands.

Seems like you feel comfy to the exact opposit than me. I like low variance, and have played 130k hands limit poker with 2,5bb/100.

However, sometimes when i get bored, i tend to smoke a joint once every month or so, and that is when i either loose a very big part of br, OR get a huge jump upwards.

Ex: When i joined bet365 1-2 month ago, i was out partying with some friends, got some waaay to good weed, made 3 joints. Made acc on mentioned above, joined my first MTT tour of 3$ rebuy with 634 players, and won 1 place with stats 38/35, where i played like a fucking donkey. Roi 4884% ;DD
      However, that is my biggest leak, i tend to play like a idiot when i smoke weed, therefore im keeping it to the absolete minimum.

I remember 1 hand in that tour, me in sb with J3o, i have 95k chips, blinds about 200/400. I think MP1 clicked, the cutoff shoves hes lousy 3,4k chips, and i figured i have good odds against the shortstack if i push the minraiser off, so i just shove from sb, and he folds. And shortstack sits with TT, and i hit on the flop.

Another hand a little later when i have 99, i limp MP2, i have about 110k chips, and the one with possition on me have about 45k chips, he raises std, 1 call in BB, i 4 bet him, he shoves, the BB calls, i call. The one with 45k shows up with AA BB with KK and and AA wins. (him with 45k). 3-4 hands later (i think i won 2 out of 4 hands in between) i get AA and have a very donkey image, so this time i raise, the one with possition on me raises again, and again i get 1 caller, we end up all 3 all in, with me almost risking my commanding lead, i win a pot of about 140k, so i have about 190k, and number 2 in that tour had about 54k, so i threw about ~55 out in that tour, and end up winning, i didnt even feel it was hard, because headsup, i have 4:1 chiplead, and we end up all in nr 5 hand with me A8 and him K7.
      In that tour i was placed nr 1 after 7 hands, with 25k chips with nr2 having 7k.

In that tour i just took ALL 34/66 if i got the odds, because om my comanding lead from the start, and the only big pot i lost, was with the 2 nines.
      I just couldnt help myself, HAD to share. ;D
      And after that win, my mindset was SO fucked up, i instant leaved bet365, cashing everything out and ran away, took a brake from poker.
      Because that mindset would totally destroy all i have worked so hard to control.
      I just didnt care because i was so high.

However, with brm implemented in my acc on titan, this wont happen. Which couldnt be better for me!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Sounds like smoking weed and playing has huge risk for you..

Good variance to win, always makes you feel nice though! But it's def. a good thing that you realize it.

Why the 105bb limit to leave, rather than 120 double up? And the 60bb buyin?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      There are many reasons for my buyin and leave limit. 1 thing is, because i have slightly more than a shortstack, i only get about 100-110 after a all in.

And the reasion beeing i join with 60bb kinda suits perfectly for me. Im deep enough to always catch a premium, plus i dont want QQ KK AA to loose value because of the changed structure above 100bb.

This is a month graph telling how i play without smooking for 6 month:

I can actually draw with my pokergraph, giving the FUCK finger to weed :D
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      This is a month graph telling how i play without smooking for 6 month
      :s_thumbsup:
      whr ru from?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Im from Denmark. Born and raised ;D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      Im from Denmark. Born and raised ;D
      This seems to be his only flaw.

He seems a lovely and wonderful young lad in general, apart from the above!

(I have a built in reflex to say this, nothing personal, I'm Swedish after all..)

:coolface:

Regards,
      Richard
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      My setup for today, and i might stay for 5 hours ;D

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Only fullring everywhere? Aww...
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      What? ;D

Its fav game ;D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I guess I'm just a bit too much of an action junkie, I just feel everyone's too much of a nit at FR and it gets somewhat boring after a while.

Each to their own though, and I have no doubt you're the best to determine where you can achieve the best results!
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Todays play so far. Made 3 mistakes, made about 2 very good call, and a couple of sick bluff.
      Im a little dissapointed, but i guess i aint flawless yet.

And for the action you mention, i actually love once in a while sit on a table full of reapers, or nits as you call them :D
      Mostly because of the challenge, and to see how well those reapers actually are.

Thinking about checking out my stamina, and actually take a break, and then play again about 18:30 alike.
      And though i made 3 mistakes, im semi satisfied, because i woke up 18:00 yesterday, so been awake for nearly 24 hours, so could be fun to see if i could manage a session about as long is i just did.

What you think, should i instead call it a day?

BR: 44.41 $

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Fall asleep while watching ENC soccer yesterday. Now im thinking about play maybe 12 tables instead today. But im not sure, and i start up with only 9 just to be safe.
      But first i need meal ;D

New plan: Startup with 12 tables and see how it goes.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Are you seriously comfortable with that setup ?

9tiled tables + mass HUD stats :D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      100 % i love to find the meaning in chaos :)

However its annoying when today starting with 12 tables, the hud didnt save the layout propably because titan poker has random seatnumbers, so when i also sometimes leave and join tables, theres is a LOT to move around.

But i LOVE the info ;P
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Funny how 12 tables changes my mind completely. :f_eek:
      But it still aint stopping me from my purpose with this br. 1337$ via nl2, and im playing 9 tables again tonight.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Challenge: Play until 1min before im burned out. At least 4k hands.

If i has to get up to 750 points, i have to play at least 27k hands this month, meaning with 15 days left, i need at least 23k hands.
      So just the opposite approach of my highschool, doing the exam in last second, here im going to be finished LATEST the 25.

Then i also have 1 week to study my development in my game, as i change compared to the players and the different situation that will occur (tilt, play through tilt, a-game througout hole session on at least 1k hands and many more)

And just fixed food right next to me, so when im sitting out, its because i fell asleep in front of the pc.

Normally i would say wish me luck, but i dont need luck, i dont even need to win, i just need to accomplish 27k hands withing the 25.
      However i need determination, but i hope my amount is by far enough for this really easy goal ;D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      TODAY i failed. How can i never reach the goal i set for myself.

I had to leave only played 945 hands

wooow, just saw my calculations have to be doubled up. Need still 1564 points :o, and i have 15 days. Thats almost impossible to reach playing nl2 no matter of my volume...

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Todays play: