This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From 10$ + 40$ bonus to 1337$

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      So i just recieved the beautifull capital on titan.

Right now im guessing i have the basics to beat at least nl25, however the br doesnt allow that. <3 the br rule ;P

As i have browsed through some others blog, i see a lot of moving up and down.
      My aproach will be to never move down. When i decide to move up to nl4, im not moving down again. Instead i might mix up with 3 tables nl4, and 6 tables nl4. And then i would keep a close eye to if my winrate hurts more than a regular downswing.
      When my br would contain a mansion and this:

.. I would have reached my goal, and i might not continue move up in limits.

And today i took the phil ivey aproach: HIT AND RUN:
      The reason the 22 hands did it for me today, was because it was a new room, where i needed to make all the correct adjustments in my PT3.

My plan is to play about 400-4000 hands pr day.

Races: 1. week nr 47 | 2. week: nr 48 | 3. week nr 11 4. week nr ?
      Started with 10.00$ + 5$ additional + 25$ deposit + 50$ bonus for 750 points.
      =40.01$ + 30$ + 10$ x1 bonus
      BR: 109,80$

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $1.20
      BTN: $4.65
      SB: $0.96
      BB: $5.33
      UTG: $1.00
      UTG+1: $5.29
      MP: $1.90
      MP+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.26, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.55, 2 players) K:club: K:heart: 4:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.55, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27

River: ($1.09, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.54, UTG calls $0.47

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (Pre 68%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      UTG shows A:diamond: T:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 32%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $1.90

Maybe a little nitty to stop @ 22 hands ;D but i have loads of days to come.
      Also i have requested for them @ titan poker to make the balance display optional, because im used to only look @ it every monday.

And last, i will update after every session.

My plans to move up in limits i guess is when i reached my 1337$ br.
      1 of the reasons that i dont move up earlier, is that im much worse at manage a short term win, than a short term loss.
      So proportional with my br increase, im just adding more tables.

Longterm goal on nl2: reach ~37500bb on 1mil hands on 2500h by atleast 15 hours pr week.
      :s_o: thats 166,67 weeks. However i might learn play more than 9 tables, and the MINIMUM amount is 15 hours pr week, so im thinking if everything goes VERYWELL, i could reach this goal on my birthday next year.
      Time will tell.

Note to self: Dont upgrade quantity before beeing more sure about quality.
      13/06 1. day: 9 tables
      14/06 2. day: 12 tables
      15/06 3. day: 9 tables
      16/06 4. day: 9 tables
      18/06 5. day: 9 tables
      19/06 6. day: 16 tables
      21/06 7. day: 9 tables
      22/06 8. day: 9 tables
      23/06 9. day: 9 tables
      24/06 10. day: 9 tables
      25/06 11. day: 9 tables !
      26/06 12. day: 9 tables !!
      27/06 13. day: 9 tables ! NL4 x 1
      28/06 14. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 2
      29/06 15. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 0
      30/06 16. day: 9 tables !! NL4 x 0-2
      30/06 16,5. day: 9-12 tables !! NL4 x 0
  • 49 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Congratulations on the new starting capital on Titan Poker!

Good luck with the new blog, I'll be following for sure!

I've got about $40 on Titan Poker myself at the moment, so will be most interested to see how you feel it is. I'm mostly playing PLO4 in all currencies there though, because I might be an action junkie and it seems everyone on iPoker in NLHE are supernits... :D

Will be following diligently and am already waiting for the next update!

Regards,
      Richard
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      A little agressive approach ;D?

I play NL2 only, and i actually planning to play that for about a year, until i reach 1337$ because that was my first goal.

And i even dont join with 100bb, my strat is more suited for 60bb. And then strictly leave when i get over 105bb. And rebuy when im under 35bb or even leave the table.

And what goes to the comfort in titan, i cant really add anything yet. I can when i have played 10 days, and i have at least 15k hands.

Seems like you feel comfy to the exact opposit than me. I like low variance, and have played 130k hands limit poker with 2,5bb/100.

However, sometimes when i get bored, i tend to smoke a joint once every month or so, and that is when i either loose a very big part of br, OR get a huge jump upwards.

Ex: When i joined bet365 1-2 month ago, i was out partying with some friends, got some waaay to good weed, made 3 joints. Made acc on mentioned above, joined my first MTT tour of 3$ rebuy with 634 players, and won 1 place with stats 38/35, where i played like a fucking donkey. Roi 4884% ;DD
      However, that is my biggest leak, i tend to play like a idiot when i smoke weed, therefore im keeping it to the absolete minimum.

I remember 1 hand in that tour, me in sb with J3o, i have 95k chips, blinds about 200/400. I think MP1 clicked, the cutoff shoves hes lousy 3,4k chips, and i figured i have good odds against the shortstack if i push the minraiser off, so i just shove from sb, and he folds. And shortstack sits with TT, and i hit on the flop.

Another hand a little later when i have 99, i limp MP2, i have about 110k chips, and the one with possition on me have about 45k chips, he raises std, 1 call in BB, i 4 bet him, he shoves, the BB calls, i call. The one with 45k shows up with AA BB with KK and and AA wins. (him with 45k). 3-4 hands later (i think i won 2 out of 4 hands in between) i get AA and have a very donkey image, so this time i raise, the one with possition on me raises again, and again i get 1 caller, we end up all 3 all in, with me almost risking my commanding lead, i win a pot of about 140k, so i have about 190k, and number 2 in that tour had about 54k, so i threw about ~55 out in that tour, and end up winning, i didnt even feel it was hard, because headsup, i have 4:1 chiplead, and we end up all in nr 5 hand with me A8 and him K7.
      In that tour i was placed nr 1 after 7 hands, with 25k chips with nr2 having 7k.

In that tour i just took ALL 34/66 if i got the odds, because om my comanding lead from the start, and the only big pot i lost, was with the 2 nines.
      I just couldnt help myself, HAD to share. ;D
      And after that win, my mindset was SO fucked up, i instant leaved bet365, cashing everything out and ran away, took a brake from poker.
      Because that mindset would totally destroy all i have worked so hard to control.
      I just didnt care because i was so high.

However, with brm implemented in my acc on titan, this wont happen. Which couldnt be better for me!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Sounds like smoking weed and playing has huge risk for you..

Good variance to win, always makes you feel nice though! But it's def. a good thing that you realize it.

Why the 105bb limit to leave, rather than 120 double up? And the 60bb buyin?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      There are many reasons for my buyin and leave limit. 1 thing is, because i have slightly more than a shortstack, i only get about 100-110 after a all in.

And the reasion beeing i join with 60bb kinda suits perfectly for me. Im deep enough to always catch a premium, plus i dont want QQ KK AA to loose value because of the changed structure above 100bb.

This is a month graph telling how i play without smooking for 6 month:

I can actually draw with my pokergraph, giving the FUCK finger to weed :D
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      This is a month graph telling how i play without smooking for 6 month
      :s_thumbsup:
      whr ru from?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Im from Denmark. Born and raised ;D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      Im from Denmark. Born and raised ;D
      This seems to be his only flaw.

He seems a lovely and wonderful young lad in general, apart from the above!

(I have a built in reflex to say this, nothing personal, I'm Swedish after all..)

:coolface:

Regards,
      Richard
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      My setup for today, and i might stay for 5 hours ;D

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Only fullring everywhere? Aww...
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      What? ;D

Its fav game ;D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I guess I'm just a bit too much of an action junkie, I just feel everyone's too much of a nit at FR and it gets somewhat boring after a while.

Each to their own though, and I have no doubt you're the best to determine where you can achieve the best results!
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Todays play so far. Made 3 mistakes, made about 2 very good call, and a couple of sick bluff.
      Im a little dissapointed, but i guess i aint flawless yet.

And for the action you mention, i actually love once in a while sit on a table full of reapers, or nits as you call them :D
      Mostly because of the challenge, and to see how well those reapers actually are.

Thinking about checking out my stamina, and actually take a break, and then play again about 18:30 alike.
      And though i made 3 mistakes, im semi satisfied, because i woke up 18:00 yesterday, so been awake for nearly 24 hours, so could be fun to see if i could manage a session about as long is i just did.

What you think, should i instead call it a day?

BR: 44.41 $

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Fall asleep while watching ENC soccer yesterday. Now im thinking about play maybe 12 tables instead today. But im not sure, and i start up with only 9 just to be safe.
      But first i need meal ;D

New plan: Startup with 12 tables and see how it goes.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Are you seriously comfortable with that setup ?

9tiled tables + mass HUD stats :D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      100 % i love to find the meaning in chaos :)

However its annoying when today starting with 12 tables, the hud didnt save the layout propably because titan poker has random seatnumbers, so when i also sometimes leave and join tables, theres is a LOT to move around.

But i LOVE the info ;P
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Funny how 12 tables changes my mind completely. :f_eek:
      But it still aint stopping me from my purpose with this br. 1337$ via nl2, and im playing 9 tables again tonight.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Challenge: Play until 1min before im burned out. At least 4k hands.

If i has to get up to 750 points, i have to play at least 27k hands this month, meaning with 15 days left, i need at least 23k hands.
      So just the opposite approach of my highschool, doing the exam in last second, here im going to be finished LATEST the 25.

Then i also have 1 week to study my development in my game, as i change compared to the players and the different situation that will occur (tilt, play through tilt, a-game througout hole session on at least 1k hands and many more)

And just fixed food right next to me, so when im sitting out, its because i fell asleep in front of the pc.

Normally i would say wish me luck, but i dont need luck, i dont even need to win, i just need to accomplish 27k hands withing the 25.
      However i need determination, but i hope my amount is by far enough for this really easy goal ;D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      TODAY i failed. How can i never reach the goal i set for myself.

I had to leave only played 945 hands

wooow, just saw my calculations have to be doubled up. Need still 1564 points :o, and i have 15 days. Thats almost impossible to reach playing nl2 no matter of my volume...

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Todays play: