FreeZilla's Question Thread

• NateMilla
      NateMilla
      Basic
      Hey PStrat,

I have a few opening questions from the Beginer's course...

Firstly, I live in America. What affiliated site would you reccomend me looking into?

*edit* Okay, I think I'm finally understading how the bankroll system in America works. So firstly I get starting captial by purchasing a silver then work my way to gold by or a contiunuation of silver by playing with the starting capital? Why does USGov have to be so homo?

Second, I'm having a little bit of trouble comprehending the call 20 rule.

Lets say I'm playing a 44 and my opponent has 1.30 on .01/.02 and raises .08... Why wouldn't it be profitable to call him? Is it because he's probably playing with less risk or because if I land the four on the flop then I can't rake his stack?

That's all for now, thanks everyone here. You've been both welcoming and openly informative. thnxverymuch.
  • 5 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello NateMilla,

Unfortunately as a US resident we are unable to offer you the $50 starting capital, or to allow you to play tracked through any of our bonus offers at our affiliated partner rooms.

For more information please read the below thread:

Service for US residents

Purchasing statuses will unlock our training material for that level however, and allow you to participate in our live coaching sessions for the relevant status and below.

Our points shop

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
      Richard
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NateMilla

Second, I'm having a little bit of trouble comprehending the call 20 rule.

Lets say I'm playing a 44 and my opponent has 1.30 on .01/.02 and raises .08... Why wouldn't it be profitable to call him? Is it because he's probably playing with less risk or because if I land the four on the flop then I can't rake his stack?

That's all for now, thanks everyone here. You've been both welcoming and openly informative. thnxverymuch.
      welcome, fellow US player!

in your call 20 question, you did not mention your own stack size, so I am going to assume you are playing a full $2 stack, and the villain's stack of 1.30 is determining the effective stack size.

as a rule of thumb, you have a 1 in 8 chance of flopping a set w/ a pocket pair.
      so, you might think that the rule should be "call 8" or maybe "call 9" for your call to be profitable.
      the reason the rule is "call 20" is because 7 times out of 8, you will miss your set, fold & lose your bet.
      let's pretend every time you are in this hand, villain opens for 8 cents and has a stack of 1.30
      so, 7 times you call 8 cents, miss your set & fold, so you lose 7*.08 =.56 cents
      on the 8th hand you hit your set.
      BUT - just because you made your set, villain may not cheerfully hand over his stack.
      he could check and fold to a bet from you, he could bet & fold to your raise, etc.
      so you might only win 10 cents, or 25 cents, or whatever.
      the point is, you are not guaranteed to even get back the 56 cents you lost on the first 7 calls.

worse still, you could hit your set and lose (to a bigger set, flush, straight, whatever).
      you could even lose your whole stack on some awful cooler.

the point of the call 20 rule is that if the villain has a stack of that size, it increases your chances of a nice fat payoff when it goes your way.

someone a lot smarter than me has figured (calculated, decided) that if your villain had 1.60+ you would have a much better chance to hit a big score if you made your set.
      and they are right!
    • ismagul
      ismagul
      Bronze
      hi i already got mt $30 when will the other $20 will be sent??
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ismagul
      Hi, Are you asking about the $50 starting capital?

In order to answer your question,
      the staff would need to know:
      • what room you are playing in,
      • how long you have been playing,
      • how many strategy points you have received so far
      • the date you received your last payment
      • any other information that you think might be useful

Perhaps your best chance of getting a quick, accurate answer would be to create a support ticket.
      Be sure to include all of the information I mentioned.

Best regards (and good luck!)
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ismagul
      Hi there!

I've answered your similar thread right here!

Best of luck,
      Gary