[NL20-NL50] NL 50sh BVB vs limp reraise

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Table had just started, played maybe a couple of hands with him so he's essentially unknown

what range do you give villain pre and also what range do you call the small reraise with?

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $18.82 (37.6 bb)
      SB: $34.29 (68.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $53.51 (107 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J 4
      BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($7) 9 J 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.65, Hero calls $6.65

Turn: ($20.30) K (2 players)
      SB bets $24.14 and is all-in
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello salflip,

Preflop: Hard to answer your question if we don't even know him about how kind of range I'd put him on. I'd rather just Raise/Fold than Call with so horrible hand which can't even hit much nor doesn't have much playability vs his stack.

There isn't a default range which I would also Call vs a min-raise, mainly depends how I see the opponent, how many hands I have been raising vs him, is he tilting, what kind of stack he has and etc questions. According to that we adjust but mainly those hands which at least have possibility to hit. What can you hit with J4? Even if you hit your J you can never be sure, if you hit your 4 you rarely going to be far-far ahead.

As played
      Postflop: What do you beat on the turn? What's the reason for calling preflop in first place? The K also improves his range which means we just beat bluff. Is he capable of bluffing?

Best Regards.