FL SNGs

• CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      How are they played? How are they treated? As normal SNGs? Are there any separate articles about this game? Are they played similar to FL cash games?
      Are they even worth to play? (not many tables)

I'm asking because I played one and it's lots of fun and quite easy to end up at tops.
  • 4 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      lol...
      My second SNG and I won.
      5 players left, blinds 200/400 I had only 70 chips left and all-in witj J2s.
      Flop comes JJx and I quadrupled :)
      Next hand I went all-in again with 57o. Flop came 57x and turn 7 again. I quadrupled again :P
      Later I was HU with 5k vs 15k chips and I won really easily with as much aggression as possible. Key hand was when I made TPTK and I trapped him.

Fun, fun, fun :)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I played a FL freeroll tourny once for fun n I managed to come about 50th out of 4k n im a total newb at FL, so it could be profitable to an experienced FL player.

GJ on ur comeback with 70 chips :P its always fun to come back from such a small amount n go on to win it lol.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Don't know if this is only luck but, I played 4 SNGs and I was once 1st, two times second and once third.
      Nice boost for my BR +~20$ :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Don't know if this is only luck but, I played 4 SNGs and I was once 1st, two times second and once third.
      Nice boost for my BR +~20$ :)
      congrats :D

and something about luck now ;) There's hardly any other poker game that is more luck sensible than FL tourneys. I played few FL free-rolls (and I've tried FL SNG too and won it too ;:) ) and almost always finished in top50... It's true, that from beginning it's about skills but on later stages it's all about luck because you must play your hands depending on their strength (except situations when blinds are a huge part of average stack).. You cant push more than 2xBB.

gd luck if you want to play them regularly / maybe you'll find out good strategy

please, correct me if I'm completely wrong ;)