[NL2-NL10] Ac2c NL16

• DAMNWhySoSerious
      DAMNWhySoSerious
      Basic
      hello ps staff... heres one hand which i played couple of mins ago and i wanna hear your thoughts... i cant post it in silver status thread, but ill get it soon... so heres the hand

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.08/$0.16 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $66.58
      SB (Hero):
      $20.48
      BB:
      $21.86

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, A.
      BU folds, Hero raises to $0.48, BB raises to $1.28, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.56) 6, K, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.76, Hero raises to $5.00, BB raises to $20.54, Hero calls $14.16.

Turn: ($42.26) 4 (2 players)

River: ($42.26) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $42.26.
      Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, kings and fours(K 2).
      Hero shows two pairs, fours and twos(2 A).

BB wins with two pairs, kings and fours(K 2).

we played like 50 hands together so thats explanation of a loose call... anyway, i wanna hear your toughts preflop and postflop... i know its a probably mistake calling preflop oop with weak ace, but this guy was crazy, and i was stealing ALOT... he folded many times but defended his blind from time to time too
  • 5 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey DAMNWhySoSerious,

Preflop you should decide to 4bet/fold or leave the pot alone. Calling OOP such a hand is gonna get you in trouble very often unless you have great postflop skills and of course a plan. Better save the money. ;)

As played: I like the idea of the X/R but my sizing would be somewhere like ~6$. I mean since you called preflop and hit a pretty great board for your hand you have to make a move.On the other hand you wrote that you guys had some dynamics going on so ask yourself how much fold equity do I have in this spot. But remember if you raise you cant get away because BE call you need ~33% :)
    • DAMNWhySoSerious
      DAMNWhySoSerious
      Basic
      nice, short and fast answer, like! i totaly agree that about bet sizing, 5 looks too small, i just realized. i was really shocked when he pushed all in btw. just not too many hands that he could have for all in shove, so it was unexpected... i wasnt unhappy neither i was too happy about it xD ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DAMNWhySoSerious,

Preflop: Calling is one of the worst options here even with dynamics which of course you don't have that much, it's just 50 hands. So pretty easy fold or either if you want to fight back then 4bet yourself. Calling wont show profit in long run here but rather you going to lose a lot money.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Raising is pretty standard if you calling such hands preflop, although being in 3bet pot you could do it 3x which is a bit over $5 but afterwards we ain't getting away with our hand and our equity. So it's a Check/Raise/Broke.

Best Regards.
    • DAMNWhySoSerious
      DAMNWhySoSerious
      Basic
      yeah ok,, but what do you think if i was on the button and villian in SB or BB... is calling fine IP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DAMNWhySoSerious
      yeah ok,, but what do you think if i was on the button and villian in SB or BB... is calling fine IP?
      Nope. :) The same rule, that you are dominated and you wont play your hand profitable by that. You ain't even ahead with your A2s, so no point to Call.