[NL20-NL50] 50NL overpair against shove

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($57.45)
      Button ($10.10)
      SB ($12)
      BB ($19.50)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($51.15)
      Hero ($54.90)
      MP2 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jh, Jd.
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.5, 5 folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 2h, 7c, 2s (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $47.65 (All-In), Hero folds.

Villain is unknown that hand discussed in hand evaluation coaching.
      To me it is easy call, because:
      No overshove is reasonable- player either wants to protect his hand or want to bluff us out.
      Since he limp/called UTG he can only represent 77 or 2x that beat us hand. He would limp/raised with AA, KK, maybe QQ (I think he would probably open raised or chose again limp/raise method)
      I think we´re here against mostly pure bluff, smt like A3, 56, or pair 78, 33-66, 88,99.
      Since I´m not convinced that player is ahead here 50% of the time I´m happy to call overshove.

Thorsten please evaluate that hand:)
  • 5 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($57.45)
      Button ($10.10)
      SB ($12)
      BB ($19.50)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($51.15)
      Hero ($54.90)
      MP2 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jh, Jd.
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.5, 5 folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 2h, 7c, 2s (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $47.65 (All-In), Hero folds.

Villain is unknown that hand discussed in hand evaluation coaching.
      To me it is easy call, because:
      No overshove is reasonable- player either wants to protect his hand or want to bluff us out.
      Since he limp/called UTG he can only represent 77 or 2x that beat us hand. He would limp/raised with AA, KK, maybe QQ (I think he would probably open raised or chose again limp/raise method)
      I think we´re here against mostly pure bluff, smt like A3, 56, or pair 78, 33-66, 88,99.
      Since I´m not convinced that player is ahead here 50% of the time I´m happy to call overshove.

Thorsten please evaluate that hand:)
      He didn't limp preflop. Or do you count a minraise as a limp?
      I think he is often holding pocket pairs or just pure air :P
      I think I would also go broke
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      True, didn´t see that min-raise. :)
      That makes it 3-bet pot, which is perfectly fine getting stacked with overpair :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      This is an easy fold! You have not invested a lot money.
      Let's see, what Thorsten says.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      I would call, his line looks so bs, but this could also easily be an AI for value :P
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      If you fold, you sometimes fold the best hand vs. a worse overpair. However, I like the fold. The pot is tiny and he pushes all-in. Given his line preflop, this really looks like a big pocket pair. Many players make a tiny raise preflop to let people stay in the pot (they want money), but then overbet postflop to get it in as fast as possible. I agree with Kaitz that this line doesnt make sense, but I saw it so often at these stakes and most of the time it was a monster (that basically hopes to get a call from a hand like the one hero has).
      My thinking is: the line villain takes is a huge leak. I try to see a showdown and make a note. If he shoves with crap, I have an easy call next time, if its the monster line, I'll call him very often with small pockets, SCs to crack his aces.