How is PKR?

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      I am looking at a place like PKR, or WPT since they accept paypal. I have read through a few of the posts, and they say it is pretty soft here? As this is exciting, how does everyone here like it?
  • 21 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Chowchow12,

I cannot comment personally having not played there myself but from what I've seen around the forums is that PKR is quite soft.

You thinking about setting up an account then? Don't forget to set it up through PokerStrategy.com to avail of all our benefits :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      PKR is mega-soft, fish just waiting to donate their money, atleast at NL4. On the downside the traffic insnt that great.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Cheers boboistina :)
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      One thing to add, If you want to play without the avatars etc and play on more 'standard' looking tables.

Play using the light software. This will use 2d tables instead of the 3d ones making it easier to multi table.

:s_cool:
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      The traffic is a bit of a problem, since I play at odd ball times. I do want to support the site, and since my PartyPoker account got mixed up I am still waiting to hear if I am eligible for WPT. This is a very apealing idea though, since there is money to be made.

EDIT:I had just found a post saying that I can on WPT. Choices, Choices.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Have you seen this thread ChowChow12

Maybe our resident pros can help you maximise the decision ;)

Regards,
      Gary
    • NinjaG4
      NinjaG4
      Bronze
      Get prepared for unimaginably unreal badbeats/suckouts if you play there X(
    • Kstas
      Kstas
      Bronze
      Well having played 374 stngo's there, my impression is that is super soft compared to Stars for example but traffic is problem especially if you want to multitable.To give you a clue the 350games of 374 are mostly 6$ buy-in, 6 players table.Another factor is the big rake that they charge 6$(5.4+0.6) or at 3.5$(3.1+0.4). Give it a try if you want but have those factors in mind.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NinjaG4
      Yeah there are higher nuber of suckouts but only because it's super fishy, there are so many people that simply cannot fold no matter how much you bet, and sometimes they strike lucky.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boboistina
      Originally posted by NinjaG4
      Yeah there are higher nuber of suckouts but only because it's super fishy, there are so many people that simply cannot fold no matter how much you bet, and sometimes they strike lucky.
      True, very true. In the long run though you will crush those fish if you are getting the money in good.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback :)
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      too slow really slow game with many fish's but very edge for one poker player! But its to slow and borring!!!!
      And the most fail in PKR.com is not work HUD in table's only for 1 table.
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      "Action flops" and suckouts (strictly from somewhat limited observation) seem to occur far less frequently than at 'Stars or especially Betfair.
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      PKr.com is suck.No work holdem manager HUD and software is too slow.
    • 23devil23
      23devil23
      Bronze
      "Action flops" and suckouts (strictly from somewhat limited observation) seem to occur far less frequently than at 'Stars or especially Betfair.

You have never played on stars have you?I play there and also sometimes on pker and I must say that pkr is twice as rigged as stars.I have NEVER won with pocket aces on pkr.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      play on WPT and forget this almost dead site. what you will get on those small rooms is only problems. And don't get fooled by their 30 % rb, you will not get it if you don;t rake 500 $ / month
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      And don't get fooled by their 30 % rb, you will not get it if you don;t rake 500 $ / month
      This simply isnt true, i got rakeback even in months where i raked as little as 20$.

Let's make things clear, as someone who's been playing on PKR a long time i can tell anyone ever considering playing on PKR what the site upsides and downsides are:

Upsides:
      Fishfest - site is a huge fishpool
      30% rakeback

Downsides:
      Low traffic
      Low number of h/hr cause of the slow 3D software
      Buggy and often nonresponsive software
      High rake

There you go, for a multitable grinder PKR doesnt have a lot to offer, your bb/100 will be higher than on other site but you'll probably win less cause you'll put less volume in due to slow softwared. For those who play only a few tables at the same time and volume is not an issue i'll reccomend PKR.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boboistina
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      And don't get fooled by their 30 % rb, you will not get it if you don;t rake 500 $ / month
      This simply isnt true, i got rakeback even in months where i raked as little as 20$.

Let's make things clear, as someone who's been playing on PKR a long time i can tell anyone ever considering playing on PKR what the site upsides and downsides are:

Upsides:
      Fishfest - site is a huge fishpool
      30% rakeback

Downsides:
      Low traffic
      Low number of h/hr cause of the slow 3D software
      Buggy and often nonresponsive software
      High rake

There you go, for a multitable grinder PKR doesnt have a lot to offer, your bb/100 will be higher than on other site but you'll probably win less cause you'll put less volume in due to slow softwared. For those who play only a few tables at the same time and volume is not an issue i'll reccomend PKR.

And emote ”Fresh Fish” puts the fish on tilt and they make stupid calls :D
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      depends from affiliate and other stuff. If you take some no deposit offer from them then most likely you have to rake 500 $ /month to get rb. Also they subtract dp bonus (if you have one) from your gross rake. If PS don't add rake limits then its great 4 u
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hows the 9 man SNG action on this site?