2/5 zoom 77

• Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      the button is playing 24/19/10 and his raise F cbet is 25%, with fold to cbet of 53%. Overall he seems like a fairly std villain.

How do you proceed here with 77 if the BB folds?

Poker Stars, $2.50/$5 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1,261.92 (252.4 bb)
      SB: $500 (100 bb)
      BB: $913.71 (182.7 bb)
      UTG: $968.80 (193.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $1,477.22 (295.4 bb)
      CO: $222.50 (44.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7 7
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $15, CO folds, BTN calls $15, SB folds, BB calls $10

Flop: ($47.50) 5 3 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $35, BTN raises to $95, BB raises to $210, 2 folds

Results:
      $272.50 pot ($2.80 rake)
      Final Board: 5 3 3
      BTN mucked and lost (-$110 net)
      BB mucked and won $269.70 ($159.70 net)
      Hero mucked 7 7 and lost (-$50 net)
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

It may seem a little girly but I think we should just fold. We are going to get barrelled alot vs good players here and there's not many good run outs that we can hope for. If we call flop we should call down turn/river and make a note of villains tendencies and what he perceives you to play like.

If we were shallower then I think 3b/call flop is going to be best as we will expect him to 3bet 99+ and when we 3bet flop we can induce spewy shoves and just get protection and keep initiative.

We can still do this 200bbs deep but if called should probably be very careful on turn and river as he can float the float 3bet to put lots of pressure on us on later streets.

BB's raise is really wtf lol.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      yea, i was thinking about folding. But i doubt that's my final choice. Yea, the button should win here a lot since he's IP on this texture but vs me it'll cost more than 95$ to win here. Basically he's repping stone nuts, fds and a ton of random over cards. Sure it's not easy when a spade hits, or any overs come but i'm fairly confident he's too light on this flop with his raise. Yea, i know it'll suck on most turn cards but i think there's an edge to be found by trying to navigate the turns and rivers.

and fwiw, i think BBs raise is pretty sexy.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm not sure BB's raise is really sexy. I mean if btn has the top of his range or a flush draw (most likely holdings) he is going to jam over this raise close to 100% or definitely not fold as BB is realllllllllly repping little and we are happy to get the top of our range in whilst draws work well with realistically alot of fold equity.

What I think is extremely sexy and a play that I like alot which is quite similar to this is when we cold call a 3bet IN POSITION. I think a board texture of Q83, cbet, raise and then we COLD CALL looks ridiculously strong and good players will usually only ever continue with sets here. I saw a hand like this posted in 2p2 recently and really liked the concept but have yet to find a board or situation to try it out on yet.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      imo there's zero chance that a fd jams 182,7bbs deep on that flop when BB 3bets. Even flatting with a fd becomes pretty sketchy when you really can't be happy about your hand even the times you hit.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh wow with stack sizes it becomes super interesting.