CO ($57.41)
      BTN ($34.18)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, UTG calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.30) 4:spade: 3:spade: 5:heart:

Hero bets $1.65, UTG calls $1.65

TURN ($6.60) 4:spade: 3:spade: 5:heart: 3:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.30, Hero raises to $10.20

villain after 76 hands, vpip49/pfr11/limpcall80(5)/foldtocbet46/afq39/wtsd22

Should I just complete pre? How about mixing the turn play vs this kind of villain?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HitThe1Out,

Preflop: Not worth isolating that loose guy while he ain't even fully stacked. Could easily just complete and play it postflop as well while he seems to be rather not folding postflop easily.

As played
      Flop: I'd still CB it a bit bigger ~$2.
      Turn: Rather 2nd barrel it than Check/Raise it, not really worth Check/Raising, why would you want to go all-in with just K high FD?

Best Regards.
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Agree about pref.

I think this kind of villain has a lot of floats in his range, so I tried to give them a chance to bluff knowing he can't call my c/r with most of his range. Most of turn bets he do is only value to my bluff. He folded.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Agree about pref.

I think this kind of villain has a lot of floats in his range, so I tried to give them a chance to bluff knowing he can't call my c/r with most of his range. Most of turn bets he do is only value to my bluff. He folded.
      Why would you want him to bluff while his range contains a lot of Ax hands which we ain't even ahead. :P
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Why would you want him to bluff while his range contains a lot of Ax hands which we ain't even ahead. :P
      Because he will bet them but can't call my raise? :) I think like 85% of the time he has trash there on his turn betting range so why make him fold if we could gain a bet from them? If villain chb turn, then we're in bigger trouble.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Originally posted by veriz
      Because he will bet them but can't call my raise? :) I think like 85% of the time he has trash there on his turn betting range so why make him fold if we could gain a bet from them? If villain chb turn, then we're in bigger trouble.
      Even if he has trash you can never be sure what kind of part he is folding them. Easy and basic rule, don't try to overplay a loose opponent. ;)