UTG: $18.04
      UTG+1: $13.20
      UTG+2: $25.42
      MP: $43.52
      MP+1: $25.02
      CO: $30.12

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $2.99, fold, fold, BTN calls $2.24
      squeeze sizing? :D

Flop: ($6.98, 2 players) T:heart: K:diamond: J:spade:
      Hero bets $3.46, fold
      b/f all the way?

Hero wins $6.67
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Correct, squeeze sizing should be a bit bigger. :D
      Postflop: Wouldn't Bet in first place here cause you don't get called from a lot worse hands. Rather Check it and reevaluate the further actions, might even let him Bet with worse holdings. At the same time could even manage to hit a Q if Check/Call. :D

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      what should be my usual 3bet/sqz sizing? this is one hell of a basic question but as you have seen i just get it wrong over and over again :f_biggrin:
      i specially struggle vs the minraises :f_eek:

in this case do i squeeze bigger due to being oop? not giving very good odds to setmine... or maybe i am :f_eek: because he may know that my range is very nutted here.

about the flop bet, my thoughts exactly :D but wouldn't ever think about check/calling. :D
      i think his range is full of pps, probably some good pps after call/call preflop :P how far are we check/calling?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      4x being OOP + 1x per caller. :D

We are Check/Calling the flop and then most likely I'd leave the pot alone on the turn cause I can't see anymore what we beat there. This kind of board hardly hits his calling range. But of course if the odds are good I'd still Call down the turn as well.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I think we can either b/f or c/f I don't like c/call especially if we are c/f any turn except a queen as we may as well just fold flop and save a bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I think we can either b/f or c/f I don't like c/call especially if we are c/f any turn except a queen as we may as well just fold flop and save a bet.
      Bet/Folding doesn't make sense cause if you are going for the value then should also plan to go broke, why would you exclude KQ/AK from his range then? Doubt that the guy would ever be raising with sets here, at least I would never-ever do cause I also know that I am not getting called from a lot worse.

And nobody said we are Check/Folding any turn, I'd reevaluate the actions when I see his bet sizes and would assume that he isn't bluffing in 3bet pot, with good odds I'd also plan to continue which would by that allow him Bet with something like 44/55 or whatsoever PPs and I would see that kind of guy also Checking behind the turn most of the time.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Because when we bet and he raises he is going to be nutted but can continue to call us with pair+draw.

"We are Check/Calling the flop and then most likely I'd leave the pot alone on the turn cause I can't see anymore what we beat there!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Because when we bet and he raises he is going to be nutted but can continue to call us with pair+draw.

"We are Check/Calling the flop and then most likely I'd leave the pot alone on the turn cause I can't see anymore what we beat there!
      So you exclude from his range totally AK/KQ type of hands? :) Especially vs that small squeeze? Can't see that to be true.

I had lately about similar hand vs rather unknown-floater(assume agro) not the best player, where I went for about the same line, although in 2bet pot. To get value from PPs and weaker hands:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer
      SB ($352)
      BB ($44.34)
      Hero ($516)
      UTG+1 ($180)
      CO ($226)
      BTN ($215)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:club:

Hero raises to $6, UTG+1 calls $6, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($15) 6:spade: K:club: 2:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $7, Hero calls $7

TURN ($29) 6:spade: K:club: 2:heart: T:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $14, Hero calls $14

RIVER ($57) 6:spade: K:club: 2:heart: T:spade: Q:heart:

So why wouldn't it work in 3bet pot? Where the ranges are much strong and our 3bet range hardly hits that board, so I don't see him bluffing him often there.