Silver Fixed-Limit Coaching - Contribute and Win [$80 value]

• datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Fixed-Limit Hold'em Coaching

Hi guys,

I've decided to offer live 1-on-1 coaching sessions for active PokerStrategy members with silver status* to promote Limit Hold'em and add to the community. The live coaching will be held any Tuesday during the regularly scheduled Fixed-Limit Silver Public coaching.

About Me:
      I began playing Poker in mid 2009 on PokerStars with a $5 promotional bankroll. After several years at University studying Psychology, Neuroscience, and Statistics it seemed only natural to apply my student mentality to poker.

A $5 promotional bankroll, while fragile was enough to begin learning so I played .02/.04 Fixed-Limit, Full Ring on PokerStars. I gradually worked my way up through each limit playing a small number of tables and beating each of the games over 10-40k hand samples. Now I play regularly at 1/2, I'm gradually introducing 2/4 into my sessions, I've never used outside earnings for poker, and I still have my $5 promotional bonus. In other words, I manage my BR very carefully.

As a student of the game I continue to emphasize fundamental poker topics. Coaching with PokerStrategy.com gives me the ideal opprotunity to refine these fundamental concepts and expand my own poker education by working directly with ambitious poker players, like yourself.

My goal is to present complex ideas in a clear and simple way so that anyone interested in the game can learn and apply them. This is an exciting challenge for me, and I'm looking forward to it.

The coaching package: (all free)
      • I currently offer 40 USD/hr coaching sessions on an individual basis. They're highly customized and this rate is introductory.
      • Players will fill out a detailed questionnaire and receive two full hours of coaching. Additional time is committed on my part to prepare.
      • The first hour will be hosted live. The second hour will be held at a later date to "check up" on your progress and arrangements can be made after our first session.

Currently Two packages are available to win. This is basically because of logistics. There are many great posters and limited time and resources. However, attending and participating in the coaching should be really fun.

How it works:
      • Let me know: Post here and tell me a little about yourself (blog links work too).
      • Contribute: Participate in live coachings, post hands, reply to those posted by others, discuss content or write a blog.
      • Get Rewarded: Those who do the above are eligible for 1 of 2 free coaching packages.
      • Sessions will be held over the next two-three months.
      • The winning members will be announced early next month.
      • Eligible players will be chosen by random draw.

*players must have Silver status when the coaching is scheduled to occur in order to attend the Live Silver Coaching.
  • 9 replies
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Does this cover HU?
      Can I send you a PM to apply?
      I'm a shy :s_grin: !
      Bronze
      Hey there dats and everyone else

Im Avataren a micro fixed limit player as not many will be surprised about hopefully. started out playing lots of games like nl2 .. then found a forum for HUSNGs and played them , tilted like h*ll wasted over 400 dollars . before i decided to say screw them i tilt too much. and then i tried Fixed Limit by accident on Full Tilt poker . I said to my friends I WANT TO PLAY FIXED LIMIT! and so i did for 10k hands and lost $30.

and thats when pokerstrategy.com comes in. I knew about the site but never really used it other than reading a few blogs. love reading others blogs and wish i was as good as them to a game.

I decided i didn't want to lose one cent more i wanted to be a winner. I found Leader22 for $50/60 per hour. I was mind blown by him and have since worked my ass off for fixed limit and i use pokerstrategy very much i would never have found Leader without PS.com . In fact i have always the fixed limit forums opened in a tab because my computer runs 24/7 and its the first thing i refresh in the morning to see if i have gotten a reply to my posted hands the day before :D

I love trying to help others with their games. so i try as hard as i can to read others hands and if i feel qualified to reply ill do :D and ill reply when i dont feel qualified which is 99% of the time.

and with the help of pokerstrategy's fixed limit forum and coachings silver mostly . but also the standard one the day after. from the hand evaluations my yearly graph looks like this which is a mix of 5c/10c and 10/20c

graph

blog : http://tagpoker.myfastforum.org/ftopic4001-0.php

Bonus: blog contains pictures of me and my FERRET <3 page 7
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Does this cover HU?
      Can I send you a PM to apply?
      I'm a shy :s_grin: !
      Sure, a pm works just fine.
      Bronze
      Is that a good enough intro for me dats :D ?
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Originally posted by Avataren
      yep perfect, btw ferrets are highly underrated pets. They are soo funny when they play around.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by datsmahname
      Originally posted by Avataren
      yep perfect, btw ferrets are highly underrated pets. They are soo funny when they play around.
      Its my favorite animal of all time. I love them so much i want to have 100's of them. sadly wife only allows one. But im definitely gonna have ferrets till the day i die
      Bronze
      btw. I think its strange that no one else wants to write here and introduce themselves. Of course i dont know about how many pms dats got but still .. we cant all be shy :D
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Just 3 days left to get in on this offer. Most people have preferred PM's but i don't always see friend requests. If you decide to get in at the last moment, make sure to post here.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Thanks to everyone who shared their stories. I actually really enjoyed reading them.

We have our winners for the free coaching. Congrats to Fermina7 and Avataren.

More info will follow in the coming weeks!