ZOOM and destroy!

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      :s_biggrin: Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.

I have been a member of this wonderful community for quite some time and I believe it's time for me to create my own blog where I will post my poker goals/thoughts/results and everything in between. So if you want to follow me through my poker journey you are more than welcome to do so.

Who am I?

Well, I am 21 years old, I live in Cyprus and currently I am student in a university in the UK. Actually I just finished my first year. Some things about me, I am a very social person, I love sports (football/volleyball/tennis especially), I work out a lot, I have a passion for spear fishing, I love music and for more than a year I am in a steady relationship with a wonderful young lady:heart:

What got me into poker?

Well my first experience with poker is pretty much the usual story. I had no idea about poker, a good friend invited me for a home poker game, I researched the rules of the game online and there I was pretending to know how to play poker :P

After a few more home games were I had some (tiny :P ) success I found myself very interested in the game but had no idea how to improve. 1.5 years later the same good friend who invited me to my first home game, suggested that I should open up an account online so I did. The following few months I was playing $1 -$5 SNG with $25 Bankroll. ( I was that good :f_cool: ) You cant imagine how many times I was 1-2 dollars away from busto which would probably end my online career.

I had no idea what I was doing for the first few months until I read Moshman's SNG book which helped me a lot and of course found PS! Soon after that I had to serve two years in the army and I didn’t have much time for poker during that time. After finishing my army service and started uni I spent two months studying the game A LOT.

With my newly acquired knowledge I played I managed to turn a $500 bankroll to $3000 playing 10-man $5 SNG on ongame in 6 weeks of play. That was in february/march of the current year. In April I continued playing $5/$10 10-man with the same success and I started mixing up some 30-man as well. In May I had to stop playing as I had 6 exams coming up and I was completely unprepared.

Now I am back in my home country and I have 3.5 months in front of me to invest in poker

Why am I playing poker

First of all, I truly enjoy playing poker. They say that if you work at a job you love you will never work a day. I agree :)

Secondly, the idea that from the comfort of my own home trough my PC I can use my brain to take educated decisions and earn money is unthinkable for some, and many others envy this. How much I earn is completely up to me and it depends on the effort I put in playing, the time I put in studying and my personal abilities. I intend to maximise this time up to the point that it doesn’t interfere with my real life relationships. I know it's not an easy thing to be really good at poker anymore but I will give it my best shot. I believe in myself and I know I can make it happen.

What are my goals?

My long term goals are very simple . Earn as much money as I can to support myself financially and save up the rest to use them as a capital for various non-poker investments/ businesses. It may sound naive but that will not stop me from pursuing it. I find business management equally interesting as poker and that’s what I intend to do later in life. I don’t want to be famous/ full time pro etc. For now at least :) You never know thought. I may end up anywhere. I am open to anything who makes me happy.

Since I know you guys love graphs here is my 4-month graph on ongame:

My short term goals is to make a successful transition to 30-man SNG. Learn the game really well and move up the limits :)

I will leave this post as it is for now because I have been typing for a long time and I will edit it out later.

Thanks for reading my blog guys. (and girls if any;p)

Feel free to ask me anything you like or say anything. I would also appreciate any advice/comments. (Learning through experiences of others is very + EV!!) I

See you around :s_biggrin:

Regards ,
      Panayiotis
  • 52 replies
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Something for you to remember your times as fish ;p

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to the blogging section maritsula!

Will be following keenly :)

Very best of luck,
      Gary
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Glad to see you wanting to become more involved with the community, and very kind of you to invite everyone to ask you about anything on their minds!

Will be writing more commenting on each section of your opening post in a little while, it's quite a lot to digest and ask about!

Will be following this blog for sure though!

Regards,
      Richard
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Welcome to the blogging section maritsula!

Will be following keenly :)

Very best of luck,
      Gary
      Hey Gary:) You were the first person to talk to me when I first came to PS and you are also the first to post in my blog. I appreciate your support mate! ;)
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Glad to see you wanting to become more involved with the community, and very kind of you to invite everyone to ask you about anything on their minds!

Will be writing more commenting on each section of your opening post in a little while, it's quite a lot to digest and ask about!

Will be following this blog for sure though!

Regards,
      Richard
      Thanks Richard :spade:
      By all means, comment/advice in any part you feel like. I am sure you have lots of experience in this field.

I will be writing some more stuff about my goals later this day, so watch out :f_biggrin:

Cheers man
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      First advice then, for your signature.

If you go to the edit signature page, which you clearly know how to find already:

In the "Options box" below the left corner of the input field, you'll need to un-check the box called "Deactivate BBCode in this signature.", and the link will start working.

Regards,
      Richard
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      You see how +ev advice can be? Thanks man
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Right, time for a proper dissection of your opening post, have enough time for it now!

You're studying long-distance then I guess?( Skip this part, the "Back in my home country" half a page down covers that!) What're you studying? Living in Cyprus must be so nice... we get -25c in the winters here, so it's kind of... yeah.. :D

Spearfishing? Sounds pretty dangerous and quite exciting at the same time, is it very hard to learn?

Ah yes, the unknowing BRM moments away from disaster.. most of us have probably been there (I busted and redeposited in my early stages though, had some disposable income and no idea how to use BRM for MTTs.. Depositing £50 to play £11 MTTs? Sounds solid!), glad to hear you didn't end up busted and demotivated though, or we wouldn't have you here!

What were you doing while you were enlisted?

Part time pro as a goal and building capital for further investment? Sounds like a rather solid plan and you seem to be approaching it methodically, we like to see that!

What are the games that were played in the graph? Since you mention you want to transition into 30men MTsngs, but I don't think you mentioned from what? What limits are you playing?

Anyway, as I said before, I'll be hanging around following your progress for sure, seems like it could be an interesting blog!

How do you pronounce your name?
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      First $500+ day!

I am up $600 after a 5 hour session and I am exhausted ;p

Fruktpuff I will reply to you in a bit, sorry for the delay but I was super busy lately
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      wow congrats man! very impressive! :D keep it up!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      It's your blog man, all in your own time right?

Sweeet session though!
    • unris
      unris
      Bronze
      Hello sng crusher;)
      what kind of limits do you play?
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      To fruktpuff :

The weather here is great. It's warm throughout the year except the months of summer June/July/August where the heat is sometimes unbearable. But since Cyprus is an island, you have clean sky blue beaches everywhere. Even if you live in the Capital which is the furthest away from the sea, its only a 35 minute drive to the beach. The other nice thing about Cyprus is that since it's quite small (less than 1 mil population) you have a great sense of community and people are very friendly/helpful to each other. Personally, I wouldn’t last a week in a -25C country ;p Where are you from ?

I study Finance/Accounting btw. I find spear fishing very demanding/exhilarating. The best thing about it is that it’s very “honest”. You enter a hostile environment and you hunt the fish in it’s own territory. My viewpoint is that I am hunting it fairly. It’s not very difficult to learn how to spearfish, the real difficulty comes with trying to reach longer depths and trying to stay longer underwater in order to catch bigger fish.

About BRM, yeah it’s extremely important for beginners! Even though I had a 10 BI bankroll I am proud to say that I only deposited once, $25 :D

While enlisted, I did/learned a loot!;p The reason was that upon enlistment I passed physical/mental exams so I was selected for a special unit of army. Special forces combined with leadership training in a way. In short, I was taught how to use almost all of the weapons of our army ( rifles/machine guns/RPG/grenade launcher/grenades/sniper/armoured vehivles/anti-tank and it goes on;p) , also we were trained how to survive in hostile environments, general physical strength and a ton of leadership skills such as how to lead a unit in a mission etc. I could give you more detail but it will take me too much time to write everything;p

About my “master plan”, well I only have two more year left to build up my budget as after that I ll most probably get a job and see how it goes;p But I am positive about my plan and I will make it work no matter what! Hehe:P

First 5000 games were on 10-man the rest were on MTT SNG, I am playing mostly $5-10 but sometimes I may add some $3, however lately I am playing the $20 as well.

About the pronounciation of my name I hope this helps
      http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/panagiotis
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by unris
      Hello sng crusher;)
      what kind of limits do you play?
      Hello to you as well.
      My last session was 10% $5.5, 80% $11, 10% $22
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      wow congrats man! very impressive! :D keep it up!
      Thanks man, it was the first time I has such a day. My roi for the session was 90% so if I keept it up I will be a very happy man ;p
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      I had a$150 day yesterday, so my lifitime graph looks like this

I have to set some goals for myself, shouldn't I?
      I will think it over and I will post my June goals in the next few hours.

Cheers guys
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      wow sick start , keep it up ! :)

obv following gl!
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Really love the start of blog very nice read.

Will be following you for sure :f_thumbsup:
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Congradulations man! Keep it up!

Nicolas