Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.35
      BU:
      $5

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:spade: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) A:heart: , A:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.79) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.79

(?) Hmm I remember you were telling me Gerv in a couple of hands before that c/c on the flop in this kind of situation is good, becase I can extract more value?

(?) Basically, I had a gut feeling he's going to cbet after I show weakness, and board is perfect to do so (imo, scare me with A?).. So I c/c, but on the turn didn't know if it was better to check/raise, or check and hope he doesn't check behind and that the river card is :heart: and he has a flush :D so I just bet myself..

(?) Basically, is this a way ahead/way behind situation or not? I don't block any flushes, so a flushdraw or Ax beats me most of the time, correct?
  • 3 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      I would bet/call on flop because draw protection and some value from small pocket pair.
      On turn,if it it heart, I'll check/call and check/fold on river.
      On turn without heart, I'll check/raise because pot commitment makes villain with PP difficult to fold.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      (?) Hmm I remember you were telling me Gerv in a couple of hands before that c/c on the flop in this kind of situation is good, becase I can extract more value?
      on Axx yes but here you play against a nit so betting on the Flop is terrible as he is just folding and you are just bluffbetting

(?) Basically, I had a gut feeling he's going to cbet after I show weakness, and board is perfect to do so (imo, scare me with A?).. So I c/c, but on the turn didn't know if it was better to check/raise, or check and hope he doesn't check behind and that the river card is :heart: and he has a flush :D so I just bet myself..
      I check/call the Flop, why do you bet the Turn? What is his range based on Flopplay? There are infinite many hands that you have beat that are folding than the hands you are protecting from. K:hQ for instance is just 1 combo while 88 has 6 combo's

I check/call Flop & Turn (Turn is depending on size) & c/f River

(?) Basically, is this a way ahead/way behind situation or not? I don't block any flushes, so a flushdraw or Ax beats me most of the time, correct?
      Well more or less so that's why betting Flop and/or Turn is terrible

Originally posted by Gonchan
      I would bet/call on flop because draw protection and some value from small pocket pair.
      On turn,if it it heart, I'll check/call and check/fold on river.
      On turn without heart, I'll check/raise because pot commitment makes villain with PP difficult to fold.
      I highlighted with my typing above why betting is not very good

I am more leaning towards a check/fold on a than a check/call depending on his sizing.

A check/raise on a non is even more terrible, do you think a 13/6 will double barrel pps? Lets for argument sake he does:

Board: A:heart: A:diamond: 7:heart:  5:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    57.91%  57.07%   0.84% { KK+, JJ-77, 55, AQs-A8s, AQo-ATo }
      MP3    42.09%  41.26%   0.84% { KsKc }

You have 42% equity but you are going to check/shove $2 into an estimated $1.4 pot (he bets 60cent? pot is 80c). I think he is going to fold all his PP because he is a nit and does not continue with such weak hands:

Board: A:heart: A:diamond: 7:heart:  5:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    94.64%  94.64%   0.00% { 77, 55, AQs-A8s, AQo-ATo }
      MP3     5.36%   5.36%   0.00% { KsKc }

So you can see having 5% is not the best scenario

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      on Axx yes but here you play against a nit so betting on the Flop is terrible as he is just folding and you are just bluffbetting

Okay Gerv, so basically if we have a showdown value hand vs nit on the flop, we're better off checking, because by betting we're only going to isolate our selfs against nuts (most of the time), or get no value if they folds.. Correct?

With a hand with no-showdown value cbet vs nit is the good right, because they usually play fit-or-fold and will fold majority of the time?

I check/call the Flop, why do you bet the Turn? What is his range based on Flopplay?

Well if I start preflop with his 13/6, and I assume his cold calling range is narrower than his open raising, 'the gap concept', I guess his range for calling my raise is <6% which equals to around 88+, KQs+, AJs+, AK+..

Well from flop I can't conclude much, I'm missing his cbet% stat.. Perhaps he has just a random <6% holding with what he cbets?

So on the turn it seems my hand is against something random out of 88+, KQs+, AJs+, AK+ and now that I plug it into equilab it seems I'm way ahead of him in this particular spot.

Board: A:diamond: A:heart: 7:heart:  5:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    74.08%  72.89%   1.19% { KsKc }
      MP3    25.92%  24.73%   1.19% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

So yeah, I do realize now that my bet hardly accomplishes anything, he will almost always continue with AA, AK, 77, 55 which has me beat, and will probably fold the stuff I beat.. :/

Board: A:diamond: A:heart: 7:heart:  5:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2     4.96%   4.96%   0.00% { KsKc }
      MP3    95.04%  95.04%   0.00% { AA, 77, 55, AKs, AKo }

Is my analysis correct there? But this is after I put like 5min analyzing the hand later, how am I supposed to do all this in split second while playing.. :f_frown: I'll never be a good poker player lol :/ :s_cry: