People Backfiring

• mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Many opponents have stats on me now and they know that I 88% of the time continue bet so they backfire a lot. AS I am someone who doesn't want to play big pots with risk what should I do?
  • 10 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      First of all: What limit do you play?
      In general: Make les cbets, c/r with strong hands sometimes to balance your lines ( not on drawy boards or against many opponents).

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      NL50
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      so just general advices:
      - don't get too loose
      - make less cbets
      - against aggressive opponents, c/r sometimes the flop as pfa with strong hands and strong draws.
      - b/c flops with strong hands and play c/r on turn.
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      i had this problem the other day with a particular individual.

i had him to my right, so that was a good thing.

in one pot i he decided to c/raise me after he was the initial raiser preflop. i basically had a read on him that he would come out firing on the flop but when he didn't i thought it was weird so i fired the cbet, only to have him raise me.

so i just raised him back.

sure enough, he folded. =D

so if you have a read that these players are taking advantage of you, then play off of that.

and yeah, cbet less is some more good advice. do it maybe 50% of the time.

[/my 2 cents]
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      dang, since u brought this up it is happening to me more often.

they just wait for the cbet then raise it. so i've been following my own advice and raising back most of the time, so long as the board isn't too scary.

hasn't failed me yet. ;-)
    • redrockrain
      redrockrain
      Bronze
      I've been folding my CBets to a RR postflop... just never saw the value in calling... even with an AK on a missed flop, then when I hit the flop I can 3bet them.

Is there any sense in 3betting your cbet with Air?
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze

yes. if u think your opponent is weak and you think you can take the pot down with the 3bet.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      I'm using PokerTracker. What stats do I need to see if they are weak post flop, so i can 3-bet bluff the pot or something similar? Is it the agression factor?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I suggest to not bluff that much on the low limits and even in general. If you are looking for the key stats: It's the WTSD ( went to showdown). If this one is small they will fold a lot.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ehkayforty7

yes. if u think your opponent is weak and you think you can take the pot down with the 3bet.
      I sometimes do it with trash if I see that the bet is for instance less than half potsize and screams "weakness". I don't know if it's +$ move, but as far as I remember most of the times it works. I sometimes get too far with another strong bet on the turn, and I have lost 1-2 big pots this way, but I have won several as well. On the whole, if I feel bored I make such moves sometimes but not too much and too often(and mostly against regulars who are more or less predictable).
      3 betting with a draw (especially in position) is a nice move, too. This way most of the times I either make him fold flop, or scare him so that if i don't hit the turn I get check check and a free river card.
      (playing full ring).