I suck at tournaments. Help!

• hvard92
      I play much better in cash games than in tournaments. I can't handle it when the blinds go up. When i try to steal the blinds, others just resteal. When i go all in on the button so the BB can't resteal, he actually have a hand and win. When i don't steal and raise with a pretty good hand. BB/SB go all in to protect their blinds. When i call, i usally lose even when they have trash. I'm a little bit frustrated so, is tournaments with small buy ins kinda like bingo? Please help.
  • 1 reply
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Hey there :)

Have you read all the bronze articles? also when you say tournaments are you playing Sit n Gos or multi table tournaments?

I don't play tournaments so all i can suggest to you is that you keep reading the strategy articles and letting all the information sink in, watch some of our videos to see how the pros put the knowledge into action and most importantly use our hand evaluation forum to post hands and our pros will review them and let you know how to play most profitably in that spot. You can find the hand evaluations for tournaments here:

Sit N Go
      Multi Table Tournaments

In each of these forums you will also find lots of strategy discussions from beginners and pros alike which will hopefully help you work out whats going wrong for you and how you can improve.

Hope this helps, best of luck