How long to play MSS

• CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      Just wondering when I should move to the BSS? I feel comfortable enough, I guess, to play BSS but don't feel comfortable enough to play BSS with my bankroll which is 50 dollars. Just wondering what level is better to move to BSS don't won't to make any mistakes lol!

thanks

Croc
  • 9 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      How much did you start out from? How many hands have you played so far at MSS?
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I'd say keep playing a strategy for as long as its working to be honest, if your making money and bank roll going up not down keep doing what you're doing. If you play the right combination of BRM to work with the BSS them you should still be in the money, but BSS is open to more mistakes if you're a beginner. I'd stick with MSS and multi table 4-6 table until you have around £120. Then keep playing MSS at 5-10c until you hit around $200. At that point don't move up a level but play same level and change BSS. See how you get on.

Good luck
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Can you handle a few losing sessions at a BSS buyin.?
      Mentally the swings between BSS and MSS are heaps bigger when you run a few losing sessions back to back.
      If you are ready then study up and go go go with BSS.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      I think the best time to make the transition is when you're starting, you'll learn the strategy way better that way. Don't worry about your bankroll, you will still be playing with 25BI, the difference is the limit you will be playing.

Take a look on the NL Beginners Course, it's a great start. I used to play SSS/MSS, but tbh when u reach a certain lvl it gets boring. Don't worry about your bankroll, with the right BRM there will be no problems.

GL
      :f_cool:
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      If you don't like playing MSS, go for BSS. With little effort in studying and spending time in HJ forums you cannot go broke. There are no pros on NL2.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      If you don't like playing MSS, go for BSS. With little effort in studying and spending time in HJ forums you cannot go broke. There are no pros on NL2.
      But there are a lot of bastards who will piss you off quite often calling your shoves when they're UTG with J9o :f_cry:
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Originally posted by tieppofer
      But there are a lot of bastards who will piss you off quite often calling your shoves when they're UTG with J9o :f_cry:
      Then move to higher limits, where people respect your raises. But seriously. Do you want people to play well against you? I don't think so. People in NL2 are willing to give you their money, how can you be mad at them for that? Every hand can win, that's why bad players are still around. But you will make $$$ in long term. Remember that.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Then move to higher limits, where people respect your raises. But seriously. Do you want people to play well against you? I don't think so. People in NL2 are willing to give you their money, how can you be mad at them for that? Every hand can win, that's why bad players are still around. But you will make $$$ in long term. Remember that.
      Yeah, I know that, and I love it... but they do piss you off :p
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Yeah, I know that, and I love it... but they do piss you off :p
      Nope, because it's illogical ;)