Stack
      MP2:
      $17,7
      MP3:
      $41,18
      Hero:
      $76

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , T:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,50, MP3 calls $0,50, CO folds, Hero calls $0,50, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($2,25) J:spade: , J:diamond: , 7:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $2,25, Hero calls $2,25, BB folds, MP2 calls $2,25.

Turn: ($9,00) 4:club: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $3, Hero calls $3,00, MP2 folds.

Hoped that MP2 calls as well. Should i rather raise smallish to built the pot?

River: ($15,00) 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4,75, Hero raises to $15,00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

My line is strong but i wanted to get some more value and MP3 is a fish.

Final Pot: $24,50
  • 6 replies
    • iambanker
      iambanker
      Bronze
      Hi,

I really dont like overlimp preflop, I would isoraise or fold on BTN. Sometimes when there is a passive BB I complete on SB some hands, but on BTN we have possition and want to play agressively with initiative, punish their limp/call line and take dead money postflop.

Postflop it is ok, we want to let him bluff so I dont see any reason for raising, probably just isolating into stronger range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

I like your play here, usually I would be isolating but vs smaller stacks I tend to also limp, especially if we have bad players on the blind. Well played!

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamwanker
      I would isoraise or fold on BTN.
      That's what i do also in most cases.
      But here we have a loose SS on MP2 who is very showdown bound (against him alone i could isolate, but JT doesn't dominate him often)
      and also an 40/13 on MP3 so there is not much to win because isolating both and making a cbet will almost never win me the pot.

I thought JTo in Position is good enough for a call because i have a lot of implieds and there was no aggressive players on the blinds.

@veriz: thx, the small blockbet on turn just annoyed me, but i guess a raise wouldn't let me win more than a call.
    • iambanker
      iambanker
      Bronze
      @chocular77: I see your point, but I still prefer raising. Even there is shorstack MP2 I think we can profitable raise pf and play a hand in possition postflop, sometimes just chbeh flop when we think we have no FE and also no equity with our hand. From my experience mainly at NL25 nowdays I think we can take pot sometimes only with cbet on flop against 2 fishes too, on uncoordinated boards like A37 r for example.

When we raise pf we built a pot and I am sure that on J/T high boards, or mayby also on boards where J/T is second pair we would have a lot of time at least 2 streets of value with their huge WTSD -> we will win more in long run :)
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thanks to point that out, we can really get much more value IP since the pot would be bigger and the fish will always call with weaker hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      Thanks to point that out, we can really get much more value IP since the pot would be bigger and the fish will always call with weaker hands.
      You shouldn't worry about that I guess cause MP2 stack you get no matter what, by even just Bet/Bet/Betting. :P If you also have fishes behind on the blinds then why not also invite them along.

But that's true that vs bigger stacks I almost always iso here.