Tournaments online

• BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

You may know that I'm pretty new to online poker.

For the past three hours I've been playing a $3 tournament, I finished in 1st place (top 7) and so I thought I'd just won the $320. I was then put into a different tournament, having no idea what was going on, then I realised this tournament was for the $320, I which point I was asking players on my table if I left the table I would be credited with the $320. Meanwhile, I pick up KK on the button having already been raised 5x I then raised he called. Flop is all low he goes all in. I call and yes you guessed it....AA.

So not only have I just been put in an unbelievabley unfortunate position but I've also had my earnings taken quite 'craftily' away from me.

I think it's ridiculous how PokerStars take your winnings into their own hands.

I'm really disappointed that this has happened and for a relatively new player online there was very little chance that I could've avoided this.
  • 4 replies
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      I know to the majority of you this will seem stupid and pretty obvious but how could I have avoided going into the other tournament and just relieve the $ 320?
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Unregister before the other tournament starts and you probably would have gotten a ticket to the tournament you won or in some cases you get $T. You need to pay more attention at the title of the tournament next time ;P If it's a "satellite", it's a small tournament where the winner wins a ticket to a bigger tournament.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      Unregister before the other tournament starts and you probably would have gotten a ticket to the tournament you won or in some cases you get $T. You need to pay more attention at the title of the tournament next time ;P If it's a "satellite", it's a small tournament where the winner wins a ticket to a bigger tournament.
      That's pretty much it :)
      You played a qualifier or satellite and won an entry into the bigger tournament. If the tournament you are trying to enter already started there is no chance to unregister. If it hasn't started yet you can unregister and are rewarded with tournament $ or a ticket.
      I would suggest not to play satellites at all.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      Ok guys, pretty much my fault. It's just because I'm not all familiar with it.

I'll avoid satellites from now on, cheers guys.