Restricted account

• repescov
      repescov
      Bronze
      Hi, dear pokerstrategy members.

Strange things happened to me on Cassava network. I never had an account on this network and by their attitude I would not be their long time client.

I opened an account on 12.06.12., deposited 440$ and I played a few tables on NL10 and 1 Sit&Go 1.20$, the software were unknown and I couldnt play for long.
      I noted that players were very weak (I knew that already) and from cashgames in 88 hands(I think) I won almost 10$.

Next day in the morning I received next e-mail:

Dear *****,
      I am Stuart from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. I am contacting you in regards to your 888poker account with username "ti*******or".

Your account has been restricted by our Department for security reasons. Before we can lift the restrictions on your account we are required to carry out a security check. To assist us complete this process please send us the following documents:
      -- Copy of your passport, driver's licence or national ID card
      - Copy of a recent utility bill showing your registered name & address

These documents can be sent to us by you uploading them through the cashier on our site. To do this please log on and then access the cashier through the lobby and select the Verify Your ID option. You will then be guided through a simple process to upload the requested documentation.
      I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
      Regards,
      Stuart
      Operations Department
      Cassava Enterprises Gibraltar Ltd
      operations@cassava.net

I uploaded requested documents yesterday and I sent an e-mail to them asking why they disabled my account, there should be valid reasons.

So after I deposited there I cant acces my account to play, this is an outrageous attitude to new customers. :rage:
      Did happen something like this to someone ? :facepalm:
      Is this an ordinary security check ?

P.S. Sorry for my broken english.
  • 10 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello there repescov,

I think every poker room handles this in a different way and even though its a bit frustrating the Security checks are a standard procedure at any company nowadays. You should be fine If you send in all requested documents.

Let us know if you need any help with this.
      Ingrid
    • Topdog2904
      Topdog2904
      Bronze
      I had this same problem with Everest recently.

You would also think they would make the system to submit things more user friendly.

It actually surprises me why anyone would play on these sort of networks.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      888 poker is a good network for anyone who would like to build up his bankroll, can't everything be perfect right? :) We're here to help anyway so just give us a shout guys!
    • repescov
      repescov
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply, IngridN, now I'm confident that's ok

I was a little surprised of the suspended account in less than 24hours of registration, this is something new to me :)

anyway the main part of my bankroll is spread on another sites so this is not so urgent
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Alright then. :) Normally the poker rooms ask for identification first and then block accounts until they don't receive the documents but seems it works differently on each poker room. I'm sure it'll be all fine, if not let us know. :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey there repescov!

As Ingrid mentioned - security checks are super standard now with Poker rooms.

Have you any update regarding your case? Did you get it all sorted?

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • repescov
      repescov
      Bronze
      Hi

today in the evening I received e-mail:

Dear ****,

This is Janelle D. from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava Enterprises manage operational services for 888poker.

I am contacting you in regards to your 888poker account with username “til******or”.

Thank you for recently submitting your document via our "Upload Your Documents Feature". These have been reviewed and checked in accordance to the Security Check Requirements.

I am pleased to advise you that all your documents have been accepted. All details have been successfully cross-referenced to your account details and verified. In light of this your Deposit and Withdrawal limits have been upgraded and any remaining restrictions have been lifted.

Thank you for complying with our security checks. I hope that you can appreciate that these precautions are for the mutual benefit of both us and our members.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Janelle D.
      Operations Department
      Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd
      operations@cassava.net

so everything is fine. :)

Good luck to all.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Excellent news then repescov! What a way to get the weekend started eh?

Best regards,
      Gary
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Nice that it all worked out well!

Please don't come to steal my money now :(
    • repescov
      repescov
      Bronze
      You must be aware that I'm coming to take your money :)

not stealing but with value hands :s_biggrin: