Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $51,3
      MP3:
      $58,9

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

The call on me was hard on the river, but after analysing the hand i think i played the best way possible.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:spade:
      MP3 raises to $1,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5,50, BB folds, MP3 calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,50) J:heart: , 3:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP3 calls $5,00.

When playing this hand i was a little bit scared of JJ,
      but after building a range i came up with: QQ-77,AQs,AQo+

Turn: ($21,50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP3 calls $10,00.

River: ($41,50) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 raises $38,4 (All-In), Hero calls $30,80 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $103,10
  • 5 replies
    • Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      I think you are always beat on the turn. Jj/qq/aa beats you. I dont see him play anything else out of his 3bet range. For sure he could have something like 77, but he will always fold this on your 2 barrel. As played I c/f the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

I do agree with Sjors777, we are more often beat here and if we also take into account his fold to 3bet he might even fold very low PPs. Not that many bluffs in his range on the river.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Ok well i guess it was a bad call, wasn't easy for sure.

I built this nice range and only used it for the flop, but as you said he won't call the turn most of the time with a weaker hand.
      And looking at his river AF + W$SD it's a fold.

Guess i was lucky that he floated me with AQ, but good to know that i won't win much with such calls.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I m not that sure but I guess his small Fold to Cbet 3bet pot and his small 4bet range and small Cbet could actually very easily induce a float. I simply thing raising the flop doesnt make sense neither for value not as a bluff. So he maybe called in plan to make a move on turn if he sees a X. So what do you Veriz think about X/C turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      I m not that sure but I guess his small Fold to Cbet 3bet pot and his small 4bet range and small Cbet could actually very easily induce a float. I simply thing raising the flop doesnt make sense neither for value not as a bluff. So he maybe called in plan to make a move on turn if he sees a X. So what do you Veriz think about X/C turn?
      It wouldn't have much success either cause then we also have to Check/Call the river if we turning our hand into bluff-catcher. Although vs passive guy who floats flops I'd just Bet cause I assume it's also Jx/Qx hands in his range.

Which means ship the river over Check/Call the river to get value from Jx/Qx.