SpreeXXL
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      8 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with K A
      6 folds, SB calls $0.15 (pot was $0.35), Hero raises to $0.5, SB raises to $5, Hero calls all-in $4.25.
      Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to SB.

Flop: 4 T 3 ($9.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.5)

Turn: 9 ($9.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.5)

River: J ($9.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.5)

Results:
      Final pot: $9.5

Ok, let me know what would have you done. What can you read about the opponents reraising me all in?
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      Not much on NL25. I suggest you go broke nearly anytime with AK on lower limits, the only case in which you should think a bit about it is a raise and reraise before you.

Still, you made a mistake by raising only to $0.5. From the blinds you can easily raise 4BB+1/limper or even 4.5-5BB+1. Against open completing SB you may raise (the normal amount) nearly every hand.

And the complete/push line seems so sneaky you have to check it out. And of course note what happened!
    • SpreeXXL
      SpreeXXL
      Bronze
      Well i made the 0.5 raise just to get reraised or called. But he would have gone all in even if i had made 4BB raise. My opponent wanted me to reraise and call his reraise. At first i thougth i was able to trap him but actually i was the one who was trapped. After going all-in, hes showed me A A.

It seems that this one of the great ways to limp in with pocket aces. Of course if you have a stupid opponent like me.

I have been thinking lately about going all in before flop. I think it is only good if there is more than one opponent. If you play against one opponent, i think it is wiser to call his raise and see the flop and check fold if your hand did not improve than going all in and loosing to a pair of 9s or Ts.

BUt of course if you have A K and call your opponent raise and flop shows for example K 2 7 (your opponent has A A), you still have to go all-in and hope for a miracle from the turn or river.

My point is that in occasions when you do not imrpove your hand on the flop you are still able to fold and save some money.

Please correct me if i have wrong thoughts.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think it is only good if there is more than one opponent. If you play against one opponent, i think it is wiser to call his raise and see the flop and check fold if your hand did not improve than going all in and loosing to a pair of 9s or Ts.

this is weak-tight approach, which is especially suicidal for a short stack player

AK is a very strong hand, which has great overall equity and almost never can be badly dominated (except AA). Besides, ita almost always has some drawing possibilities postflop...

So our goal is to bet/raise/go broke with this hand as early as possiblle

And in the blind battle AK is the ultimate nuts)
      Bronze
      Note this donk out and you won't get cought on such a trick in future ;) . Also, as xylere said, AK in the blind battle should never be abandoned.

Good luck and don't think too much about the strategy or at least post your thoughs so we can correct them if you're going wrong way ;) .