This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 fr. raise donk bet bluff

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hello ,
      Was this ok, had to be a bit more creative ..
      this villian didnt seem to like me stealing his blinds, he kept calling every time and then just donking out, then double barreling , was annoying me coz there was no way he had the hand each time, so on this hand he bet out str8 away with obv no thought, so i think if he had jj+ prolly he would 3 bet me , so i think at most he had small pocket pair, maybe some sort of 10x , and he didnt wanna see another red heart , So , i raise the donk with 2 overs and backdoor str8 draw, im not sure if this was ok to raise here ?....Plus my plan was also to do what exactely happened , wen the next heart came down i took initiative (as i did raise wich i would hav done with flush draw) and carried on the bluff ?....Should i just fold to these donk bets though or did i play ok realy not sure with donk bets somtimes?
      p.s ( he tanked for quite a bit, before calling my raise )

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.01
      Hero:
      $3.39

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) T:heart: , 4:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.33, SB calls $0.23.

Turn: ($0.80) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.53, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.80
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

Why not rather wait for a spot where you at least have some kind of hand? Doesn't make sense to raise where you have total air and not even a backdoor. Just overcards might be outs. I'd wait for better spot. Why would you want to bluff a loose guy?

Best Regards.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      coz 3 times in a row he called my steal from bb , and donked into me, if u thin im w8ing all day for better spot, no chance, if i could of jumped into my laptop and punched him in the face i wouldov :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      coz 3 times in a row he called my steal from bb , and donked into me, if u thin im w8ing all day for better spot, no chance, if i could of jumped into my laptop and punched him in the face i wouldov :)
      :f_biggrin: Well, but fighting back with nothing it's not gonna show much profit either. I'd at least have some backdoor FD in the hand so I could hit something, not just total nothing.

If you raising the flop then you often have to start barreling off the turns as well.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      i had back door str8 draw TJQ .?
      ...but ur right i knew it was bad, ....ill just be a nit and let the donks run all over me haha .!
      ...it was nt mathamatically possible for him to have a hand all them times tho, therefore i had to put him on a bluff, so thought it would re bluff him back.

...i wont do it again tho, think i was tilting, ill w8 for better spots, thanx.!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Backdoor SD ain't clear cause there are a lot discounted backdoor outs which ain't clean nor the overcards ain't clean. Of course I am not saying that it's totally wrong to raise in those spots, mainly depends on the dynamics but I'd rather do it without having flush on the board unless I have myself the backdoor FD or FD myself.