[NL2-NL10] NL2 fr. raise donk bet bluff

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hello ,
      Was this ok, had to be a bit more creative ..
      this villian didnt seem to like me stealing his blinds, he kept calling every time and then just donking out, then double barreling , was annoying me coz there was no way he had the hand each time, so on this hand he bet out str8 away with obv no thought, so i think if he had jj+ prolly he would 3 bet me , so i think at most he had small pocket pair, maybe some sort of 10x , and he didnt wanna see another red heart , So , i raise the donk with 2 overs and backdoor str8 draw, im not sure if this was ok to raise here ?....Plus my plan was also to do what exactely happened , wen the next heart came down i took initiative (as i did raise wich i would hav done with flush draw) and carried on the bluff ?....Should i just fold to these donk bets though or did i play ok realy not sure with donk bets somtimes?
      p.s ( he tanked for quite a bit, before calling my raise )

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.01
      Hero:
      $3.39

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) T:heart: , 4:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.33, SB calls $0.23.

Turn: ($0.80) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.53, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.80
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

Why not rather wait for a spot where you at least have some kind of hand? Doesn't make sense to raise where you have total air and not even a backdoor. Just overcards might be outs. I'd wait for better spot. Why would you want to bluff a loose guy?

Best Regards.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      coz 3 times in a row he called my steal from bb , and donked into me, if u thin im w8ing all day for better spot, no chance, if i could of jumped into my laptop and punched him in the face i wouldov :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      coz 3 times in a row he called my steal from bb , and donked into me, if u thin im w8ing all day for better spot, no chance, if i could of jumped into my laptop and punched him in the face i wouldov :)
      :f_biggrin: Well, but fighting back with nothing it's not gonna show much profit either. I'd at least have some backdoor FD in the hand so I could hit something, not just total nothing.

If you raising the flop then you often have to start barreling off the turns as well.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      i had back door str8 draw TJQ .?
      ...but ur right i knew it was bad, ....ill just be a nit and let the donks run all over me haha .!
      ...it was nt mathamatically possible for him to have a hand all them times tho, therefore i had to put him on a bluff, so thought it would re bluff him back.

...i wont do it again tho, think i was tilting, ill w8 for better spots, thanx.!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Backdoor SD ain't clear cause there are a lot discounted backdoor outs which ain't clean nor the overcards ain't clean. Of course I am not saying that it's totally wrong to raise in those spots, mainly depends on the dynamics but I'd rather do it without having flush on the board unless I have myself the backdoor FD or FD myself.