Anyone interested in programming ?

• pavaka
      pavaka
      Bronze
      Hallo guys i was wondering if anyone of you is interested in programming and what language do you program on. I personally program on Visual c++ 2010 and try to develop applications for android on java and xml . I hope im not the only one interested in programming. ;)
  • 7 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavaka
      Hallo guys i was wondering if anyone of you is interested in programming and what language do you program on. I personally program on Visual c++ 2010 and try to develop applications for android on java and xml . I hope im not the only one interested in programming. ;)
      I used to do a little Java and Visual basics. (Make interfaces/GUIs for applications)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys, can you help me on this one? I don't know about coding, so I have no idea on what platform this can be done. Maybe in java?

Flash coder needed!
    • Bunn3yB0y
      Bunn3yB0y
      Bronze
      Could somebody teach me? :P I'm very interested in programming but I'm just lost as to where to start. I went for a job interview a couple months ago and they were looking for people with technical knowledge in programming but i have none.

If I can offer something in return I'll try to :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I did Ada and C++ at uni and was quite good I think. It's all gone now, all gone. :(
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bunn3yB0y
      Could somebody teach me? :P I'm very interested in programming but I'm just lost as to where to start. I went for a job interview a couple months ago and they were looking for people with technical knowledge in programming but i have none.

If I can offer something in return I'll try to :)
      programming is quite easy for most language however it is quite daunting at first. the best way in my opinion is too have a look around and see what type of programming you want to learn. then set yourself a task (to build a program) and learn to do it with the help of online manuals and Google, and looking at some existing code.

IMO there is very little in programming that you can't learn on your own

best regards

Thazar
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I've done apps in C++, Visual Basic and Delphi on Windows.
      In the olden days of 16-Bit Dos, I used to write TSRs in assembler.

Nowadays, I do almost nothing with compiled languages.
      VBScript and SQL procedures and that is about it.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      For university ive done a decent bit of Ruby, Python, Java and il be doing C++ and C# next term. Also programmed a fair bit in assembly.