UTG: $45.37
      UTG+1: $23.03
      UTG+2: $10.00
      MP: $22.47
      MP+1: $10.00
      CO: $7.29

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 9:heart: 4:spade: A:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.33, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69

River: ($2.71, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1.42, Hero raises to $3.69, ...

what do you think?
      i called flop mostly because of the huge gap between flop cbet and turn cbet. then ofc i hit gincard on turn :f_biggrin: it also seems that he only 2barrels with his actually strong hands so i expect to have an opportunity to c/r river fairly often.
  • 4 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      It sucks he bets the turn so small, lol.

He seems to be quite tight from early pos, so I don't think he can have less than TT+, AK, (AQ? :D ).

on flop:
      - Ahead: You are ahead TT,JJ (12 combos)
      - behind: AK (12), AQ (1), KK (6), AA (3) (22 combos).
      - even: QQ (but less likely) (1 combo)
      -> about 2:1, call.

Most importantly, v. that bet, I would tend to think he is scared of the ace: TT,JJ. Or he has the nuts with AA. So I would call.

turn: I find it the most difficult street of them all, in particular oop., so I don't really know what to do here. He seems to be extremely passive and folding a lot on the turn, so I might probably check. It sucks that he bets so small though, as now we want to build that pot. I would be timing out thinking if I check raise or not, lol. All depends if you think you can extract another bet on the river. Would you with TT,JJ? no. Would you with AK? may be. Would you with AQ, AA? definitely (and here you could check raise now to extract value also from AhKh - also a heart on river might cool things down with the other hands I suppose...). So may be check raise?

river: once you took that line on turn, I think you take the same line here. I still think he is not betting unless he has the same hands that would have call a turn c/r, but then I suck at the turn :f_confused:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hey, thanks for taking your time (it clearly shows) to comment on my hands :f_biggrin: i'll add some commentary of my own

pre: he still may have something like 88+ in his EP range, sample may be skewed
      flop: my thoughts kinda
      turn: i expect to really narrow down his range here. i don't think he'll bet JJ- because i really just can't call with anything worse anymore, so it comes down to Ax+ imo. turn c/r is usually sooo strong that i think he'll fold just about everything, he continues with AQ+ if i'm lucky
      river: he barrels as expected

Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1.42, Hero raises to $3.69, UTG+2 raises to $8.67 and is all-in, Hero...?
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      hey, thanks for taking your time (it clearly shows) to comment on my hands :f_biggrin: i'll add some commentary of my own

pre: he still may have something like 88+ in his EP range, sample may be skewed
      flop: my thoughts kinda
      turn: i expect to really narrow down his range here. i don't think he'll bet JJ- because i really just can't call with anything worse anymore, so it comes down to Ax+ imo. turn c/r is usually sooo strong that i think he'll fold just about everything, he continues with AQ+ if i'm lucky
      river: he barrels as expected

Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1.42, Hero raises to $3.69, UTG+2 raises to $8.67 and is all-in, Hero...?
      sht. He has AA, lol.

(or 99? :f_eek: coinflip? however even with that sample it looks to me pretty tight from early pos. agh. I hate that. What if he thinks aq is strong enough to do that kind of play... :f_frown: I hate unknowns. But still, I would mostly be scared here :f_cry: but I dont know if I could get away from this )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Fold the flop, hardly hits his range and not that many hands what you beat. Not sure if he even CBs weaker hands. Don't see why the gap should change our calling range.

As played seems to be fine, although I'd Check/Raise bigger the river.

Best Regards.