[NL2-NL10] NL2FR flop raise OESD

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi
      do u think this is a bit spewey ? i often see donks overbet when they have nothing , so i raise with open ended str8 draw ,also the villian is short so i think i have better odds to call when they shove?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP2:
      $8.76
      MP3:
      $0.73

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 9:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) Q:club: , T:diamond: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.71 (All-In), Hero calls $0.47.

Turn: ($1.49) 8:diamond:
      River: ($1.49) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.49

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Kh Qh)
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Js 9h)

Hero wins with a straight, queen high (Js 9h)
  • 3 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      The point of check-raising draws is to a) maximise fold-equity with your semi-bluffs and to b) ensure villains don't know whether you have a set or a draw to increase the chances of them making a mistake and calling you with overpairs vs your sets.

b) does not apply to 2NL IMO since you can simply make the most optimal play in all circumstances without regard for too much metagame. a) is still important but your F/E is reduced at 2NL and applies mainly against regs, not shortstackers. F/E is further reduced in a multiway pot.

All in all I would not check-raise here but save it until I was heads-up against a 17/14 reg. But once you have check-raised, you are committed and may as well call his shove.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah i understand what ur saying , and kind of thought that is what somone would say that at NL2 i dont need to play like this , im maybe making a mistake here but im just practising at NL2 although now im absolutely crushing it for 100k hands, im trying to play like i think i should be playing when i move up , so when im asking these questions im trying to sort of pretend im at a higher limit if that makes sense, but thanx for ur answer, and i do realise i should do this more against regs than donks ,:)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

Just lead out yourself and practically gain also fold equity rather than Check/Raise and get it in with just J high.

Best Regards.