NL2 -> NL25 [Sold my fishtank]

• Mirceam94
      Mirceam94
      Bronze
      I'm not a fish :D Or at least not anymore. A friend of mine introduced me to PS, so I joined up assuming it'd be easy money. I blew through my $50 starting capital in about a week playing at NL5 :f_biggrin: Now I'm taking poker more seriously; Spungeh has offered to coach me (he has a decently long blog here :f_cool: ), and I'm going to do my fair share of reading and studying.

I'm aiming to hit NL25 by the end of this year, without any more deposits, so we'll see how it goes. I've been playing pretty passively up until now, and am trying to change that. Spungeh calls them weak calls, I call them pre-success mistakes :D I'll be posting updates and graphs here, since I'm mostly making this blog to keep track of and document my progress.

If you have any advice or tips for NL2, don't hesistate :D
  • 5 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      run like me ?

yeah, need to lay of some hands and all, the hardest part of poker is learning to play poker :f_cool:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Don't listen to Spungeh and don't waste tooo much time grinding NL2 :D

GL HF :]
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Don't listen to Spungeh and don't waste tooo much time grinding NL2

Based on the lvl? - The hourly, or the useless amount of experience u get against fish that dont care about winrate?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Good luck moving up through the stakes, let us know how you get on and how you feel it's different as you move up.

What kind of BRM will you be using?

Regards,
      Richard
    • Mirceam94
      Mirceam94
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome!

run like me ?

Soon, you'll see :P I'm learning from pros, so I should pick it up fast. Got emanuel sending me tutorials as well. I just need to make time to study, got a lot on my plate atm.

What kind of BRM will you be using?

Well, I'm a big fan of SS, but like I said I'm learning to be more aggressive. I'm going to stick to NL2 until I can afford 25BI on NL5; I'm in no rush, and I want to get a decent amount of BR padding before I move up. If I ever fall below 20BIs on a level, I'll move down. So, atm my current goal is to get my BR up to $125 :D

I played a CG last night with Spungeh, which was a big mistake; I'm going to stick to SNGs for now on, until I finish coaching. I can finish 2nd pretty reliably, but I can't handle HU. I always loosen up :f_mad:

So yeah, I'm going to play really conservatively. It's interesting how I can now recognize fish, and I can draw parallels to my own past mistakes :D

I'd post a graph, but I can't seem to get HEM2 to pick up my tables. It does at first, but it doesn't update with new hands.