888poker for Mac

• BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Does anybody know if 888Poker plans to release a full-featured software download for Mac?

I have just bought the new Macbook Retina and am very disappointed with the in-browser flash version.
  • 4 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      From my little bit of experience the only good sites for Mac are Pokerstars (which is amazingly smooth) and the now-defunct Full Tilt. PKR also works smoothly, but it is a very different style of playing poker online...

I've tried the Party Poker one, but it stopped working on me. It was also very clunky. I'm currently using a very old Dell to play 888 and 770 on.

Congrats on getting your hands on one of the Retinas! I'm honestly quite jealous!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by BObamaJr
      Does anybody know if 888Poker plans to release a full-featured software download for Mac?

I have just bought the new Macbook Retina and am very disappointed with the in-browser flash version.
      is this what you are looking for?
      http://www.pacificpoker.com/mac/en/?lang=en

If that is, please let us know...
      Even if not it would be good for everyone to know.

Also, I moved this thread to a board where it is more likely to receive an accurate response.

Best of luck with finding the software -- and when using it :D
      --VS
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi BObamaJr

I've got a Macbook pro 2011. I play on 888poker as well and I've just decided to install parallels :( I know true mac users don't install parallels or any other virtual machine. But thats the only way to play proper poker on all rooms. Plus I use HEM2 which doesn't work on mac yet.

If you want to see it working, just add me in community and I'll give you demo.

Regards

RasTweet
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      @Vorpal

That is just a link to the in-browser version :( I think I may have to run virtual windows as much as I hate it.